mot information

olds_kool

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
came across this when searching to find out when my mot is up as ive lost certificate
http://www.motinfo.gov.uk/

you can search your cars mot history as far back as when the computerised system came in
my car actually failed an mot for not having a front number plate! (amonst other things) how could someone not notice that before taking it in:uhm:
might be of interest if youve just bought or about to buy a new car

LOL every MOT before i had the car failed on emissions due to de-cat. Then all of a sudden they passed the next day hmmmm wonder what went on there then :ninja:

lol!

The fact its failed the first time would suggest not much dodgys happening bar someone swapping the cat back in for the retest, if the guy was going to stick the pipe up something elses exhaust he'd have just done it on the initial test, instead of wasting more of his time having to retest the car, booking it back onto the computer system etc...

The stupid bit is that the presentee didnt just fit the cat anyway before the test...

One of the main reasons i cant be bothered with decats is its just far too much hassle to swap them out every MOT for what is in effect a tiny increase in power.

Good site, I found it when I had my old 1,9TDI, and the seller insisted it was MOT'd, he just couldn't find it.