what colour are o.e hid's

olds_kool

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
i fancy a hid kit as its getting darker when i set of for work in the morning, but without any hint of blue!
anyone know what colour o.e fitted xenons are is it 4300k or 6000k
6000 seems to be the popular choice with aftermarket but 4300 is listed as closest to daylight?
so which is best?
im going to go for a uk supplier but there probably the same kits sold from china on ebay
do you get any problems with bulb warnings etc with aftermarket kits?

cheers, 4300k it is then, do kits vary alot in quality hids4u seem expensive but all suppliers make claims there's are the best and other kits wont work properly etc...

Yeah I would say so, also support varies massively, Ian at least knows what he's talking about & overall I dont think he's expensive at all.

I bought a set for £35 posted form china and get no alarms and fitment is very good. Stuck them on the A3 this weekend , the GF wanted a bluey tinge so we bought 6000k and they are better than std bulbs but a bit blue.
Mine in the A4 i have had for years and they are 5000k they give a great light output and still no alarms

think ill go for the cheapo ones, i can get 2 sets posted for less than uk suppliers charge and i reckon they all come from china anyway, so hopefully do both cars or end up with a load of spares

IVE got 4500 and they are very white look mint. but my only problem is i always get a bulb warning light bleeping at me i dont know how to bypass it at all

As for the bulb warning you need to buy a sub £15 resistor to splice in to add the load the DIS expects to see. I have just done my tails with LED lights and had to add 2, one for the tail lights and one for the brake lights

As for the bulb warning you need to buy a sub £15 resistor to splice in to add the load the DIS expects to see. I have just done my tails with LED lights and had to add 2, one for the tail lights and one for the brake lights

When you say added 2 where do you put them , Ive never got round to fitting mine and thought you would need 2 and each side of the car inline with the bulbs? If theres a easier way then im sure ill do it . After all its been beeping for about 3 years now lol!

As for colours ive had various my latest are 6k but seem very white as opposed to other 6ks ive seen looks spot on next to pure white led sides

doesnt it have to be a certain resistance though?? to bypass the dis

i presume the same resistance as the original bulbs ie 55w or whatever

my hid's arrived this morning, they look like fairly good quality for £32 inc delivery each pair, the boxes rattled and i was half expecting broken bits and pieces but turned out to be the s/steel mounting brackets rattling
not had chance to fit yet as its been pouring down
where's best place to mount ballasts, theres a rectangular hollow at bottom of projector headlamps is this where the o.e ones are mounted?
also can anyone suggest any sidelight bulbs to complement hid's again no blue tint!

I got these at ultraleds.com nice white and ultra bright

The Ultimate II 501/T10/194 White

my hid's arrived this morning, they look like fairly good quality for £32 inc delivery each pair, the boxes rattled and i was half expecting broken bits and pieces but turned out to be the s/steel mounting brackets rattling
where's best place to mount ballasts, theres a rectangular hollow at bottom of projector headlamps is this where the o.e ones are mounted?
also can anyone suggest any sidelight bulbs to complement hid's again no blue tint!

dont suppose you can post a link to the ones you got can ya? !

The very location, yes.

did u go for 4300k? the 6000k looks more whiter but not oem colour?

went for 4300, i want best performance so i figured o.e colour would be safest choice

fitted yesterday, very happy with them, bright white light, no dash warning lights, they flicker on start up but think thats normal? and now my sidelights look a manky yellow
ballasts a perfect fit under headlights and very easy to wire in
bargain at £32 odd
just need to fit the projectors ive got to my avant so i can fit the other set

any pics m8? also of where you have mount the units?

cheers