EM TuningChris Nott
    2000 a4 1.8tqs-yellow

Status

can you read fault codes at home?

is there a way of getting fault codes without having to plug the car in at a dealers etc? i have an abs problem on my 2000 1.8tqs so want to see what code its bringing up.

2. # ADS
    ADS

2nd Gear

Status
    yes you can buy the VAGCOM lead and do a auto scan which will bring u error codes if any logged on the ECU, you can clear them to see if they come and if they do they require attention.

you can buy them online i bought the official lead from RossTech i tried the cheaper ebay leads and they never seemed to work.
    custom powerflow Exhaust, Hybrid K04, S4 clutch, Autospeed FMIC, Blue Silicon pipes, ATP Exhaust Manifold, ECS Tuning Adjustable 5BAR FPR +Gauge, DefiLink Boost Gauge, Meyle HD control Arms, Koni Shock + Eibach springs, ECS tuning brakes stage 2v2, APR R1 Divertor Valve, CUSTOM DNA Tuning remap!

2000 a4 1.8tqs-yellow

Status
    sounds a lot more complicated than what im used to(bridging 2 connections and seeing how many times the engine light flashes).how expensive is it to get and is it easy to use?

2nd Gear

Status
    very easy to use, plug the Vagcom lead in to your cars OBDII port plug the USB end in to your laptop. run the vagcom program, select autscan and thats it wait til it finishes the scan and itll show you the error codes. you save, copy or print the results.

i paid 150 delivered for mines, the actual Vagcom lead contains the serial code inside and opens up the software whens you use it so you get all the features!

I tried the cheapr one and i coudlnt get it to work that was 15 from ebay.
    custom powerflow Exhaust, Hybrid K04, S4 clutch, Autospeed FMIC, Blue Silicon pipes, ATP Exhaust Manifold, ECS Tuning Adjustable 5BAR FPR +Gauge, DefiLink Boost Gauge, Meyle HD control Arms, Koni Shock + Eibach springs, ECS tuning brakes stage 2v2, APR R1 Divertor Valve, CUSTOM DNA Tuning remap!

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    www.gendan.co.uk

yeah its 250 but I can assure you its money very well spent & no one on any forum that has the vagcom kit will tell you they regretted, saves you thousands & convenience factor, well teach you more than the stealers know, lol, thats true aswell

if you wanna use it on all vag cars then buy the hex can usb, if only on a3 8P & golf 5 cars then micro can, but I always advise to buy the one for all vag cars.

you can buy direct from www.ross-tech.com & takes upto 3 days from the US & could save you few pennies but dollar is stranger at 1.8 at moment so wont be far of I shouldnt think.

OEM RETROFITS - CRUISE CONTROL - SAT NAV - BLUETOOTH - AMI - HEADLIGHT SYSTEMS

PARKING SYSTEMS - DIAGNOSTICS - FAULT FINDING - BODYWORK - PAINTWORK

6th Gear

Status
    The cheap eBay lead works fine for me. Can read any fault code.
    Mo power, mo problems

4th Gear

Status
    My ebay one wont do the airbags for some reason
    99 Nogaro S4 now black bonnet and roof,blackdiamond discs and pads,Hybrid K04 with uprated actuators ,Rs4 clutch custom lightweight flywheel, esp lightweight pulley set ,Rs4 intake pipes ,rs4 mounts ,full samco hose set,F-hose delete ,BMC carbon induction, full stainless exhaust with de cat pipes, custom chip,18"ultra lights,LED rear clusters,6000k xenons ,LED sides,KW coilovers,powerflex bushes ,Boost guage in pillar pod,isotta steering wheel and gearknob,B&M short shifter

"Stick a V8 in it!"

Status
    my cheap ebay lead works fine too albeit only with the older versions of vagcom.

Also, you can achieve full functionality on the B5 A4 with these cheap leads, if you have a licenced copy of vagcom

2000 A4 1.8T Sport Quattro Avant, Berry Pearl
    2000 A4 1.8T Sport Quattro Saloon, Black-ish
    1997 S4 - PPC £999 Challenge Track Car Build
    TD5 Land Rover Defender build