need a pic of stereo wiring

electricracer

Reaction score
help the previous owner of my car had the volume problem with the concert radio and had an aftermarket kenwood fitted sounds great but personally i cant stand the fact its blue so i bought a recon concert to fit back in. problem is car has bose and when i pulled out the kenwood its a bit of a mess back there. (its also had an extra amp at some point) there is some converter also what looks like an aerial amp all sorts. i can sort the wiring out no problem but if anybody could post a pic of the back of their stereo (with bose and cd changer) with plugs connected that would be a great help, as i seem to have a couple of extra plugs. cheers.

also if any body is thinking of converting their stereo to aftermarket then i have a bose adapter going cheap

For the standard Bose setup you should have just 3 plugs connected and the aerial.
The top plug is a non standard mini ISO 20 pin and feeds the Bose amp front & rear, the DIS and the CD changer. The bottom one is a standard black ISO for power, you may need to swap perm live and ignition live back over on this plug as Audi wire them back to front, so they would have been swapped over for the Kenwood. Then the last one is a red plug with very little on it which is for handsfree kit & dimmer. Disregard the little yellow plug and the RCA's shown below.
AudiMiniISOblock.jpg

A3BlaupunktConcertDiag.jpg

thanks andymac you are a star it was the red plug that was throwing me, one other thing on the concert radio is the radio station also displayed on the dis? i notice there is an option on vagcom to have dual display i assume this means one on the head unit and one on the dis? has my car got this capability? its a 99 s4

ps scotchlock??????? THE WORK OF THE DEVIL!!!!!!!!

LOL, the scotchlok wasn't me but some lazy handsfree kit installer, who also butchered the centre console unnecessarily. But you're right they are the worst invention in the world.
Yes you'll get the radio station on the DIS, in the section above the Temp.