S4 Short Shifter

Yes that one will fit and it will greatly improve the feel of your shifts.

Mine lasted a year and then i could no longer select reverse, wouldn't push down.

Thanks lads, i will give the 'ebay special' ago. sounds like it may only last a year though!!!

Any idea why that was? Mine's been fitted 2 years with no problems whatsoever.

I stripped it all, couldn't find owt wrong visually, but back together still wouldn't work, it was like something was worn, like the pin that allows you to use the push down. Couldn't figure it out, so went back to standard.

I stripped it all, couldn't find owt wrong visually, but back together still wouldn't work, it was like something was worn, like the pin that allows you to use the push down. Couldn't figure it out, so went back to standard.

My ebay special doesn't push down any more either although it goes into reverse fine

Is there any chance you guys used the wrong pin when building it originally?

Maybe, but there weren't any others in the kit!

my b+m one had two different kits with it and 2 springs i selected the hard one , i dont really have to push down just go far left , i also had to do a further adjustment after a couple of years to make it easier into 2nd and reverse must of just moved slightly some how, far as i can see the ebay one is identical and even uses the bm intallation guide. Just wish these were around when i fitted mine whould of saved a fortune

anyone still got an installation guide or know of one online, bought one of these a few months ago off someone here but no instructions with it

if you find B&Ms site, they have all the install guides in pdf form for your viewing pleasure

I had an ebay cheapie, fitted fine with no problems, ended up taking it off tho cos i found it a bit too notchy.

What 'throw reduction' did you have yours set to Tufty? I've got mine set to the minimal reduction and I think it feels very solid. I think if you were to go up to the maximum reduction, that would probably feel very notchy.

I have the ebay job in my A4 and its been fine, the only down side (which I have to say is not much of a down side) when you have it in gear you can still move the shaft around like it is in neutral but in saying that when driving it's never an issue for one I did not realise this till 6 months after installing it and then only because someone else mentioned it.

Before
Gearshift2.jpg

After

DSC00119.jpg

DSC00120.jpg

mines been in for near on 2 years now

That doesn't sound right Doc! Did you use the new bushes that came with the kit?
Mine's solid with absolutely no sideways play when in gear.