afterrun mod doesn't work???

electricracer

Reaction score
just fitted the new sensor today and taken the car for a quick drive about 10 mins got the water temp up to normal 90 oil up to 70ish came back turn off and nothing, no pump running. have i got a problem or was car not hot enough? does it normally come on all the time , is there a delay before it comes on or is it straight away?

Probably not got hot enough. Think the oil temp has to be at 90 before it will kick in.

Sure fire way to check that the fans work is to short out the sensor and the fans should come on. I actually know someone who has done the 'poverty mod' and just bridged the connections so his always comes on.

mine is usually on after a 10 min drive somewhere after a run upto 70mph

probably worth doing a good run or include a good motorway journey to get oil upto full temp and see.

just taken car out this morning got car up to temp on a couple of short journeys still nothing then a quick blast down the motorway to home stopped and after a few seconds the fan kicked in and think i could hear an electric pump running so it looks like its all working:thumbsup: does this sound about right i was expecting it to be quite noisy but its quiet and only works when car is quite hot not all the time is this correct?

it is pretty quiet. mine comes on when she gets up past 90ish oil temp i think

be aware some people do experience a flat battery sometimes if your battery is old