A4 Cd Changer

dsl1975

Reaction score
Help!

I have a 1997 A4 1.8 SE. I am trying to install a Audi or Compatable CD changer. Ebay seems to have a few for sale and they talk of leads in the boot and 13 pin adapters.

I've looked everywhere in the boot and can't find a thing. There is a casing attached to the left hand speaker but thats all. The head unit in the front has the control for cd usage and the manual talks about units but I've looked on the back and there is not spare plugs.

As you can tell by my poor use of the correct jargon I'm new to this game. Any help gratefully recieved, I'm really sick of radio 1 and can't face going back to using cassettes!!

thanks

Not sure about this but i am in exactly the same position. I think the prewiring for the changer started in 1998. I have a 1998 S4 and the cable is there in the boot in the wee storage hole on the left hand side with what looks like a bracket to hold the changer.

In the boot, on the left, open the compartment. The toolbox is at the top. The CD changer is mounted just underneath (when you have it). The cable should be down there somewhere.

I have a feeling though that they didn't always fit the cable as standard............... where's Andy Mac the font of all ICE info? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Sorry guys, you won't know until you find it. As suggested it should be in the bottom of the storage bin (very low down), but not all A3's have it, so I guess A4's could be the same. ****** Audi, I don't even know where you'd get one as it's so unstandard, breakers yard would be the best bet. Pull the head unit out and see if the mini-ISO plug is there for the changer would be the only way to definately tell.

Many thanks to all for your advice. I have finally located the lead behind the side panel. Had to take half the car to bits mind!!

Anyone know where I can get a cheap CD changer?