Bilstein standard replacements

dieselfitter251

Blow ma own trumpet?
Reaction score
Anybody got any experience of replacing a set of rear duff oem's with Bilsteins? (oem replacement).
I've had a look at the forums and the general opinion is that the Bilsteins are slightly stiffer.
Comments anybody?

My car's running Bilsteins all round.

Not noticeably harder, but then, my car's not stupidly low like some folks.
My car's 30mm lower than a stock A4 Q.

There are a few different types of bilstien shocks, not sure which siena has though...

they do the aftermarket "black" OE replacement shocks and then the "yellow" uprated ones.

But i also think that OE Audi sports shocks were made by bilstein too? perhaps i'm wrong on that last point though.

I've used black billies on a car and they were fine, still going to be a massive improvement over knackered shocks and i'd imagine they should at least match the standard parts on quality/performance

Mine are RS4 Bilstein Sport dampers (yellow).

Siena: do you know who manufactures the Sport pack dampers fitted to the 1.8TS et al...?

Also are your dampers Aftermarket Bilstein Sprintline dampers for an RS4, or OE Audi RS4 dampers?

Siena: do you know who manufactures the Sport pack dampers fitted to the 1.8TS et al...?

Also are your dampers Aftermarket Bilstein Sprintline dampers for an RS4, or OE Audi RS4 dampers?

All B5 Sport dampers, excluding RS4 are manufactured by BOGE.

My yellow Bilstein Sport units are the RS4 upgrade option.

If your damper's are blue, they're Sport items.

If black, then they're stock.

Is your car an SE or Sport?

hmm interesting... I'd been told before that Sport dampers were red...

The dampers on the front of my car are blue and the rears are black

I had assumed that someone had swapped them out for non-sport/aftermarket replacements at some point (the fronts are audi badged, dunno if the rears are though)!

So whats the difference between the blue and red dampers?

hmm interesting... I'd been told before that Sport dampers were red...

The dampers on the front of my car are blue and the rears are black

I had assumed that someone had swapped them out for non-sport/aftermarket replacements at some point (the fronts are audi badged, dunno if the rears are though)!

So whats the difference between the blue and red dampers?

Red are Sport dampers fitted to post-facelift cars.

Your car's had a pair of dampers, and non-matching too.

If your damper's are blue, they're Sport items.

If black, then they're stock.

Is your car an SE or Sport?
I'm sure it's a sport. Sport badges, leather wheel etc... the blues are sport? I'll take them if you can get me a price?

My 98 Tsport has boge's which are a sort of metalic purple colour,the 96 Tsport im breaking has blue shocks but i cant see what make they are !!