Credit Crunch = second hand car values plummet

basically yes plus anything newer than March 2001 with power

I work in vehicle finance and we subscribe to Glass's Guide. I've been doing my job for 12 years and have never seen values fall so much in such a short period of time. An "average" £12k car has lost around £1700 from June's book to September's book.

2006 A4 2.0TQ S-Line lost £650 in September's book. That is after losing £700 in August's book and £725 in July's.

V plate Toyota Celica booking at £2200 lost £500 in August's book. Almost 25% in a month!!!!!!

Madness!!!:rolleyes:

B5 RS4 - pick a good one up for 17k ish I reckon

B5 S4 - hard to beat if you can find a tidy one bang for buckness, boxter beater

not sure about other marques

Yep, I paid £9,800 for my 99 T-reg S4 Avant with 75K miles on two and a bit years ago,.........now I'd be lucky to see £6,800.

B5 RS4 - pick a good one up for 17k ish I reckon

B5 S4 - hard to beat if you can find a tidy one bang for buckness, boxter beater

not sure about other marques

RS4 deffo best bang (what a bang - different league to pretty much anything on the road barring exotica) for buck long term - once we come out of the other side of this downturn I reckon the rarity should nicely pull the value back up for good ones.

S4 is better value short term - but if you throw a chunk of cash at it to get 'cheaper' RS4 performance you won't get it back at resale.

I reckon audi is one of the safest marques to have your money in :kissmyrings:

A 2.2d Mondeo optioned up is over £30k new - same spec 07 plates are going for £15k!