Dietrich RS4 front end fitted

stapo69

All hail the mighty quattro!
Reaction score
It's been a busy bank holiday! The Dietrich front end is finally on, complete with genuine RS4 grills. Looks pretty good, fairly oem styled, fit was good too, not to over the top but something a bit different. Closest to genuine rs4 so far, apart from the swage line, which I was gonna remove, but it's not a groove in the bumper, it's more of a step so a lot harder to remove. I did however chop the side vents out so they're functional and not just a naff looking mould added in.

Anyways, few pics for y'all. Sorry about the poo quality, I'll try get some decent ones soon enough though, but you get the idea.

DSC00348.jpg

DSC00350.jpg

DSC00352.jpg

let me be the first to say...

Your car looks Top Boss!
Looks just like an OEM item.

Why thankyou sir!

Besides the swage line - which matches the one in the rear bumper anyway, and the lack of headlamp washers, it looks just like my genuine one:

Photo022.jpg

Photo023.jpg

The only thing is the number plate cut out is a little big, didn't motice before i sprayed otherwise i would've shrunk it. Guess the angle of the top is a little different.

Oh by the way people, that means I have a complete S4 front end up for sale now. ;)

Looking really good Stapo. Have you not thought about drilling the bumper and fitting the washers from your S4?

All you need now is some facelift lights like the ones i've just fitted today... :cool:

I was gonna chop in the headlight washers from my S4, but then I wanted to sell the bumper as a complete unit, think I'll get a way better price for it that way. But I'm gonna keep an eye out for a set, either S4 or RS4. Same goes for RS4 foglights.

And yes I'm always looking for a set of bargain facelift fronts, just can't find many which are proper xenons and people keep beating me too them.... My old ones have gone a bit cloudy too. Will go well with my facelft rears!

looks praaaapa nice!! im after a new front bumper myself as my origanal 1 has been sprayed the wrong shade of blue. makes sence to repray a decent bumper.

looks good mate dont think the pre facelift S4 headlights look all that bad. im sure there are different from pre facelift non S4 lights. xenons maybe thats why.

also i like your embossed number plate is this fully legal? as i was gonna get these but was told not street legal.

:respekt:

looks good mate dont think the pre facelift S4 headlights look all that bad. im sure there are different from pre facelift non S4 lights. xenons maybe thats why.

pre-facelift a4 use a h4 arrangement as opposed to projectors, afaik :)

my prefacelift bosch lamps had two H7's and an H1 iirc (without projector), they had integrated fog lights though, perhaps the prefacelift lamps without fogs had a H4?

Bumper looks good and I personally dont think the swag line looks wrong at all. Can you not get away with just moving your number plate up a tad? Hard to see from the pic.

Move the licence tag higher, and fit a dealer-surround, as in my picture.

That'll take up any gaps.

I was thinking of putting a dealer surround on, the plate is pretty tight in the width though, at the moment it's just central height wise so as not to look too odd, I gonna whip a surround off my mates car and see how it fits. Plus I'm off to E38 at the weekend so should be able to pick em up cheap enough.

As for the plates they're not fully legal. Only because they're in the German font. You can buy embossed aluminium plates in UK legal font also though. I've never had any problems running them for the last couple of years around where I live, guess the coppers are more concerned with catching real criminals for once!

Hi folks... I've been registered a few months now and used all you guys experience & knowledge and purchased a facelift QTS and lovin every minute of it, I now want to have the RS4 look but can't really go over the £250 mark I've seen the Rieger RS4 front for £250 with fogs I know it takes some little modification to make it work but willing to give it a go or do you think I should go the Dietrich route and pay a little bit more

Mate that looks sweet but then I knew it would.

Rieger bumper looks no where near has good as the Dietrich bumper, save your money and get the better option.

How did you fix the oem rs4 grills , ive got mine sat on a shelf waiting to go in at the moment ive got rgm black plastic mesh bent and bonded

I done a double take when I first seen Stapo's car... mine is noggy with an S** XOE reg too!It looks great. Love the blacked mirrors.

I got mine from jkautospares.

To fix the grills a bonded on some tabs to fit the centre one, they poke through the holes that go around the edge of the grill. Then bonded the grills to these once painted. As for the side ones I screwed them on using the original mounting pints on the grills, then bonded on a tab at the bottom to keep them flush and nicely in place.

As for the "blacked out" mirrors they are actually full genuine carbon caps, see hear:

http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/showthread.php?t=58926&highlight=carbon+mirrors

Just got a quote back from jkautospares

[SIZE=-2]1x Diectrich [/SIZE]RS4 Style Front: £201.52
Sub Total: £201.52
Delivery: £27.00
SubTotal: £228.52
VAT: £39.99
Total: £268.51

just need to find a cheap place to find the lower grilles other than VAGPARTS (£88.70 + vat)

I picked the outer 2 up on ebay for £30, and the inner for £20 off a mate. All new.

But wasn't easy, they don't come up often and full sets usually go for quite a few quid.

Have a browse on german ebay, they seemed to come up more often on there, you've just gotta get someone to reply to you!

What sort of power are you running now with those hybrids Andy?

No idea feels well but needs the fuelling to match then a custom chip again then i will see the real gains hopefully lol!

As for the grills ill get round to it soon i hope

Just got a quote back from jkautospares

[SIZE=-2]1x Diectrich [/SIZE]RS4 Style Front: £201.52
Sub Total: £201.52
Delivery: £27.00
SubTotal: £228.52
VAT: £39.99
Total: £268.51

just need to find a cheap place to find the lower grilles other than VAGPARTS (£88.70 + vat)

VAT is meant to be added to the sub-total, then shipping added last.

There's no VAT on postage / shipping.
Seems they're being over zealous.

VAT is meant to be added to the sub-total, then shipping added last.

There's no VAT on postage / shipping.
Seems they're being over zealous.

you sure about that? we get charged VAT on all our dhl shipments at work. royal mail is the exception, as apaprently that is vat-exempt (as long as you don't charge any more than the RM rate and "postage" is the only item listed - if it's p&p then vat must be added).

source:
http://customs.hmrc.gov.uk/channels...HMCE_CL_000114&propertyType=document#P34_2182

It wasn't the easiest as the bumper carrier bar and everthing else comes off with the original bumper so doesn't leave you a lot to fix too, I made up some brackets to bolt from either end of the aircon fan support beam, I also bolted up either side through the bumper into the wings, just back from the indicators. Then a fixed to the inner arches and to the splash tray underneath

I made brackets to line up with bumper bars and original bolts then 1 small screw either arch , can take it off on my own in about 5 minutes without removing wheels

You're not allowed, I have one and that's the way it's going to stay! ;)

I do appreciate it Doc, only joking, def was a good find, I wouldn't have it without you! :applaus: