Facelift wing side repeater area-pic wanted please!

Nessy

VW + Audi mad
Reaction score
I have fitted facelift headlamps to my pre-facelift A4 (which required alteration of the original wing with a Dremel so that the headlight would fit the aperture properly) and today some idiot decided to reverse his car into my nearside front wing whilst my car was parked outside my house......
As the damage is being sorted out through insurance I want to make sure I have Genuine parts fitted but am wondering if the bodyshop fits a facelift wing can I fit the earlier side repeater lamp or is the wing pressing in this area different on the later wing?
If anyone has a pic of this area on a facelift wing would be very grateful to see it!

Thanks!

Perhaps you could mod your other wing so that a facelift side repeater could be fitted on both sides.

The pressing is larger on the facelift

Damn, thought that might be the case! Thanks for confirming...................

Perhaps you could mod your other wing so that a facelift side repeater could be fitted on both sides.

Cheers, good idea! Anyone on here done that? Hopefully the bodyshop will be calling tomorrow so am in a bit of a hurry as to decide what wing to go for........

If the car is over 3 years old they will use patern panels not genuine. You might be able to add a bit of cash to the insurance money to get both wings changed and painted to the facelift type.

If the car is over 3 years old they will use patern panels not genuine. You might be able to add a bit of cash to the insurance money to get both wings changed and painted to the facelift type.

Thanks, it is now being sorted through the other party's insurance (I'm not claiming) and is being done by a well-respected local bodyshop that has agreed to fit a Genuine wing at my request.