s4 lump in a4 quattro?

my-dixie-wrecked

Reaction score
Hi everybody i am currently searching for a a4 1.8tq or an s4, pref an s4.

but was wondering if i could not find a s4 would an engine from one go in to a a4q if i foun a totalled one?

Siena is your man when it comes to engine swaps.

He was gonna put an S4 engine in his quattro if i remember rightly.

just get an S4 and pay more than you planned.
unless you have serious time, inclination and skill to do lots yourself an engine swap of that nature will always cost you more in the long run.

why not get a 1.8 and slap a bigger turbo on it, bang for buck you will get more than you would swaping an S4 lump into your 1.8tq.
GT28rsGT2871 on a 1.8tq with some rods and a decent map and you will be playing with more than a chipped S4

yer its simply not worth it, even more so if you cant do the transplant yourself.
You would be better just spending the extra buying the S4 which is worth more, easier to sell on and insure and is better equipped all round.

have to agree s4's going cheap enough now a day

i threw a s4 lump into my passat because i wasnt happy with a4/s4 rear leg room so get best of both worlds now

Its one of the bonus things on the passat being based on the A6 chassis more than the A4.
Any pics of the passat? is she quattro/4motion or 2wd
Sorry for hijack, start another thread if you like, i am just curious

yes your correct about the car being a6

mine started life as a 2.8 30v syncro then charged and then i got hold of it. rs4 box and rear diff and i was the guy from london that bought siena old 2.7T lump even thou its going to get a few extra over the next year ;)

here my thread on uk passats

http://www.ukpassats.co.uk/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=240

Lol, Alex!

Please PM me your number, replaced my handset, so lost all stored numbers.

My numbers are still the same though.

hello mate how r u

my number is 0 and ive done teh same thing got ****** off and accidently smasshed my phone up lol live and learn lol

Got it, Alex.

I'd edit your post now, or delete...