Is this a good deal....

Mutinyno9

Reaction score
S4 suspension(springs and struts) for $275+shipping? around 12k miles on the suspension.

Well actually the ones i'm buying don't have so many miles on the (40K) the ones i found only have 12K. Is it easy to install a 19mm rear sway bar?

Mileage has no affect on the springs; the shocks can show wear in the seals. But my seals are perfectly intact; soft and pliable. No damage whatsoever.

[ QUOTE ]
Audi_A4_Quattro said:
Is it easy to install a 19mm rear sway bar?

[/ QUOTE ]

No. Pretty much a bolt on.

EDIT: I mean YES! It is easy.
Sorry! Brain freeze caused a typo!

Thanks for all the info about the Springs/Shocks, i really had no idea mileage didn't affect springs. When you said that the S4 suspension would lower the car around 1.25"-1.5" depending on how settled the OE suspension was already, what does that mean. It will lower it more if it has settled longer or vis-versa?

What I meant was that over time the springs from any suspension will settle (FYI: my S4 Suspension is fully settled). Therefore, if your suspension hasn't settled, then the resultant drop, when switched to the S4 suspension, will be more (it will be a "noticeable" drop). If your suspension has settled, then the difference will be less - there will be a drop, just not as much.

Furthermore, if an A4 has been fitted with a Sport suspension, then the resultant drop with the install of an S4 suspension will be minimal; both the A4 Sport and S4 suspensions are close in height.

Does this make sense now?

Totally blew my mind that you said you were the one selling the S4 suspension on Ebay. If i were to win the bid for the item, would my stock struck towers fit with the S4's?