Audi R8 Alloy Oil Filer Cap - Mod

g60leigh

Reaction score
TOTALLY pointless really :uhm: but here is the mod I have done to make the Audi R8 Alloy oil cap, fit straight and flush.

I picked up a brand new R8 alloy oil cap from fleabay the other week, after seeing them for sale on the awesome web page.

I fitted it straight from the box but was not was not impressed with the fit, it sat too high and did not line up with the engine. So I have decided to break out the dremel again.

Original A4 and R8 Alloy Cap's
topcompare.jpg

side by side with old one to show the height difference
height.jpg

Split and sectioned (removed about 6mm section, Basically cut off at the oil seal line on the cap top and cut flush on the engine mount side)
split2.jpg

Height after section removed (also twisted to line up its orientation when back on the engine)
photo-1.jpg

Bonded back together, seals re-installed and fitted to the engine (In-line now!)
photo.jpg

Looking good, another mod for me to think of.

Mind you arnt they like £18? a bit of money to dismantle and get wring. Did you take a pic before you modified it at all??

Mind you arnt they like £18? a bit of money to dismantle and get wring. Did you take a pic before you modified it at all??

I did not think that far ahead mate, I started cutting before I realised it would be worth taking some pics and adding here. Sometimes just dive in head first.

Think you should start making them there's a market for that kind of stuff :icon_thumright:

anyone want one modding, get one and send it to me, I'll do it for free. well maybe a couple of quid for the cutting discs and adhesive
gimme a shout I'm always willing to help out