Which plugs fro chipped T Sport?

Oranoco

Reaction score
Website
www.passionford.com
Need to give the old girl a service and want to sling a new set of plugs in. What's best to use? I got stung for a set of iridium plugs which have never been quite right

Copper is better than any fancy iridium or platinum plugs as they conduct heat away much better. They just dont last as long.

AEB's have copper plugs specced for them in autodata, later engines have platinum plugs, probably because they changed to long life servicing or similar.

I used NGK PFR6Q. Not the cheapest, but defo not the dearest. Gappped to .028

those PFR6Q are platinums

I'm not sure if i fitted BKR6E or BKR6EK's (the EK's have two electrodes the E only has one) but either of those are really what you should be looking at using. Dont waste your money on the platinum or iridium plugs.

BKR6E's changed every 4-5000 will see you good mate ;)

those PFR6Q are platinums

I'm not sure if i fitted BKR6E or BKR6EK's (the EK's have two electrodes the E only has one) but either of those are really what you should be looking at using. Dont waste your money on the platinum or iridium plugs.

Depends what price you pay for them. I got all 4 delivered for £18 off Ebay..cheap as chips for iridium

Running on Bosch super 4s and they seem to do just fine, had NGK previous to changing and they seemed to do the same job.

My car hated the Super 4's. When i first did the engine swap my car wouldnt start without a lot of winding, it turned out that it was the plugs. Swapped em for NGK Plats and she has been fine ever since

im using the DENSO iridium's IK22s not had any problems with them. cost abit more then the usual plugs.

yer but as we've said in this thread the standard copper bkr6e's are perfectly fine and cost about a tenth of the price

The plugs a lot of the vauxhall guys use in 350-400hp engines are standard fit to RS Turbos which is BCR8ES (BC and BK is the same thing, 8 means its a bit hotter but the engines in a higher state of tune, the last S means single electrode which is the same as just the E afaik)

Its a bit like buying a forge dump valve for £100 instead of a 710N for £20, both will do exactly the same job, just one costs a good bit more!