Question about S4 suspension

jetspeed

Reaction score
I was curious as to what kind of suspension the S4's have, is it similar to what I have on my A4 which is the sport suspension? Or is it something completely different? Is it lower than a stock A4? Sorry for the ignorance, but I'm new to the Audi club......

It is stonger because of the S4s engine and stiffer because of that.

and lower by approximately 1.25" than the standard A4 suspension. It has to be stronger up front because the 2.7T engine is heavier than the 1.8T, but many people swap S4 suspensions onto A4's with 2.8 engines without any compromises. The S4 suspension, all in all, is a stiffer suspension (slightly stiffer than the Sport suspension). BTW: the height difference between the Sport suspension and the S4 is roughly .25 - .5 inches (the S4 being lower).

Would the S4 suspension on a 1.8T be fine, or only on a similar size engine, or does it matter?

[ QUOTE ]
Audi_A4_Quattro said:
Would the S4 suspension on a 1.8T be fine, or only on a similar size engine, or does it matter?

[/ QUOTE ]

It will fit (B5 chassis). It will be stiffer (even more stiff up front). It will lower the car by about 1 to 1.5 inches (depending on how settled your OE suspension is at the time). It only matters if that's not what you want. Best advice, if you go with it: put a 19mm sway bar in the rear to compensate for the understeer. It will dial in the suspension better with the sway bar.