UK vs US

Z82

Reaction score
Website
www.nosmodified.com
Can any one tell me what the differences are between the UK B5 and the US B5?

Its mainly body differences Im looking for but if you know of any other please mention them too. Also if the S4 has different differences too.

Cheers.

The US S4 had 250bhp, in-line with their strictor emission controls. Also, the bumper differed. They started there in 2000 so iirc, they only got the post 99.5 facelifted model. Was also available as an auto box.

The US cars had pre-facelift style (although still not the same as Euro) boots, different rear bumpers and those stupid orange tabs in the headlights that look totally gash.

sunroof as well i think

those indicators are barftastic

plus point is no number plates on the front though...

The got Quattro way before us from 97 I think they only got 170bhp of the face lift K03s. did not get the white dials on the 1.8T quattro and never got the AJL engine.

They only got the 1.8T, 2.8 and the S4 in the B5 shape 3bar fuel regulator only on the 1.8T and extra smog pump.

They got cruse control as standard and most came with washer jets for the headlights.

I must admit they do seem to do a lot more for the S4, imported a few bits myself, exhaust and carbon intake. Damn government fleeces you on import duty though, but can still work out cheaper, and a bit of a change from the norm over here!

What you want to do is sign-up to a couple of the US forum and hunt through the Classified adds as the Americans tend to de-tune there cars and sell the bits off, I have picked up many a cheap part from the US and also checkout the GB section lots of bargains in there too.