Sky InsuranceVolks Autos
    "Stick a V8 in it!"

Status

Rightclick Remote Locking - Immobiliser

Ive got my right click kit all here ready to fit, and was trying to work out how to sort the immobiliser transponder on it

The right click key has a space that looks like its designed to hold the transponder chip, but when ive opened up my key the transponder seems to be glued in with some resin type stuff.

I didnt want to start prizing at the chip as it looks like its made from glass or similar fragile material

Any ideas on how to get the chip out of the original key, or if thats not possible, how i can get a new (Blank?) chip to fit to my remote keys.

Also anyone know if its possible to use an OE audi remote key with the rightclick locking kit?

Cheers

2000 A4 1.8T Sport Quattro Avant, Berry Pearl
    2000 A4 1.8T Sport Quattro Saloon, Black-ish
    1997 S4 - PPC £999 Challenge Track Car Build
    TD5 Land Rover Defender build

2. # ADS
    ADS

4th Gear

Status
    with mine i just carefully cut the transponder chip out of the key by cutting round it. i wrecked the key but then i figured with out the chip i am not going to be able to use it anyway. I did try and see if the right click electronics would fit in a OE flip key i had but it was too big to fit and then i wasn't sure if the buttons would line up anyway

"Stick a V8 in it!"

Status
    Well i got it installed ok on sunday. Tried to get the key blades cut yestarday but the shop the missus went to spend 10 minutes arguing with her about wether the key had an immobiliser chip or not then made her wait 45mins before telling her they couldnt do them as their machine wouldnt grip the blade properly.

I'll have a go at removing the transponder once i get the blades cut.

I have a query about the wiring though. The instructions state that to use the window roll up function ive to connect the green wire from the unit to a certain wire on the central locking module. The unit then produces a 30second "negative" signal on this wire to close the windows. It seems to suggest however that it will do it on EVERY close operation, which while sometimes thats useful, there are other times that you want to lock the car and leave the windows open.

I've had a look and it seems there is a "trunk release" output on the unit controlled by the third button on the remote, this seems to output a 2.5 second "negative" feed. I was thinking if i connect this output to the window roll up wire instead of the one it suggests, the window roll up will be controlled seperately by pressing this other button. Ok it will only be a 2.5 second pulse, but this is probably enough to close the windows if they're not fully open and if not i'm sure i could press it again to finish the roll up?

Anyone got any ideas on doing this?

2000 A4 1.8T Sport Quattro Avant, Berry Pearl
    2000 A4 1.8T Sport Quattro Saloon, Black-ish
    1997 S4 - PPC £999 Challenge Track Car Build
    TD5 Land Rover Defender build