Some nice ebay hid lights

docurley

Staff member
Reaction score
Website
hometown.aol.co.uk
I have to say these look sweet and I could be tempted myself to buy these as they look very OEM but without the square high beam section oh and they are Hid's/Xenon's.

Link
HL_AU_A4_99_DP_A_CHR_PLUS_HID.jpg

and in black
HL_AU_A4_99_DP_A_BLK_PLUS_HID_B.jpg

HL_AU_A4_99_DP_A_BLK_PLUS_HID.jpg

Loving them but in the black, kinda makes me think buy the non xenon ones and use my HID kit thats been sitting around for ages. :think:

They don't show a picture of the angels :/ if the angels are blue they look really good! I thought you had hid's already doc? if not get a hid kit and use your existing headlights i like the tints on yours :)

who are they made by?

I'd be very wary of the quality of the projectors in these aftermarket lamps. I have an image somewhere showing the beam pattern of one...

http://i25.tinypic.com/2ekpuld.jpg

Thats the fella. Came from a merc forum where they buy these cheap units to get projectors on their mercs, the thread is about converting the depo projector to a proper quality unit from an E55 or RS6.

When i baught my facelift lamps i ended up with two valeos one of which had snapped adjusters inside, and a brand new depo unit. I took the projector out the broken valeo and fitted it to the depo unit to avoid any similar issues!

I like them.
Tempted to by a set for my 1,9 TDI. Don't like the halo's though.

like these badboys...

15052008277.jpg

:)

this is what they look like off.... black clears not tinted. think they look better than chromes imo.
24062008364.jpg

(thats a flash reflection from cam b4 ya ask!!

i'm with alpinehead - if you're going to go for angeleyes, get the black (i have same as alpinehead, except with silver bulbs to give a cleaner effect) - i've seen the chrome versions on the likes of bmw 3-series and the effect of the halo/angeleyes is lost in reflections. mine are pre-facelift, the post-facelift ones are a huge improvement, i reckon.

a4newfront.jpg

if senna isn't keen on the angeleyes bit, i'm sure it wouldn't be too difficult to mod a standard sidelight into the main beam reflectors :-/

my lamps have a little bar in them that simply switches them from rhd to lhd. :)

hope this helps

they look so sweet. ive gone through every h4 bulb on the market im using daylight 80W/100W bulbs now and still rubbish. what can i get as direct fit as possible but will give both visual and major uprgrade on light on road. want a real crisp clear light???

they look so sweet. ive gone through every h4 bulb on the market im using daylight 80W/100W bulbs now and still rubbish. what can i get as direct fit as possible but will give both visual and major uprgrade on light on road. want a real crisp clear light???

Buy a HID conversion.

WELL my local place sells them for £200.00 with choice of colur temp etc. i was concerned as ive heard they prone for problems?

auditurbo what lights are you using just now?

I have Valeo facelift projectors fitted with standard 55w bulbs and find the light output perfectly acceptable.

The projectors are notably better than the older style open lamps too

As ive said a few times before, if your buying ebay lamps, the projectors arent good quality i posted a link further up the page to show just how bad the ebay projectors can be! It is possible to swap the valeo projectors into the ebay lamps to get the looks and still have the light output, means buying two sets of lamps though.

If you do buy ebay lamps, go for the 99> ones as they are one piece and look better without the deviding line.

I have some pics of my facelift lamps here which i painted internally as i find they have far too much chrome:
http://www.lr90.org/Audi/lights/

Take a look and see what you think.

I have a HID conversion and it is a massive improvement.
I did not get the cheap kit though, mine is the 2 stage bulbs (main & full beam)

2 stage bulbs? dont they use seperate H7's for mains and dip?

HID mains are a bad idea tbh, it removes the ability to "flash" people as the lights take too long to fire and also turning them on and off quickly damages the ballasts etc.

I'm pretty sure most factory HID installatins will still use halogens for the Main beam for that reason.

Doc: if your running factory HID's you should still consider swapping the projectors as afaik the projector lens is slightly different to the halogen version, and i presume the factory hid bulb wont fit the halogen projectors in the FK lamps.

If they're aftermarket HID's fitted to the normal halogen projectors then its probably worth fitting the FK's as they come and comparing the projectors before going to the extra effort of swapping them as you may find they're good enough.

2 stage bulbs? dont they use seperate H7's for mains and dip?

HID mains are a bad idea tbh, it removes the ability to "flash" people as the lights take too long to fire and also turning them on and off quickly damages the ballasts etc.

I'm pretty sure most factory HID installatins will still use halogens for the Main beam for that reason.

mine are pre-facelift headlights still, so are H4 bulbs (I think) the ones where they are combined

I do not want to looss my HID's so am stuck with these headlights.. unless anyone knows of any that take the early type bulb

my pre face lift lamps had three seperate bulbs, two H7's for dip and main, and one H1 (i think?) for the fog

Doc: if your running factory HID's you should still consider swapping the projectors as afaik the projector lens is slightly different to the halogen version, and i presume the factory hid bulb wont fit the halogen projectors in the FK lamps.

If they're aftermarket HID's fitted to the normal halogen projectors then its probably worth fitting the FK's as they come and comparing the projectors before going to the extra effort of swapping them as you may find they're good enough.

I have OEM Xenon's and the FK lights just have hid kits added to them as you can buy them without the Hid's installed.

ive jsut ordered hid kit. proper h4 type where they have high and low beam setting. high power 50W version. 4.5k luman so nice intense white light