Chris NottSky Insurance
    Neutral

Status

M5 RIMS ON A B5?

i was given an offer to purchase M5 racing replica rims at a low price. the rims are very clean. anyone who has seen them will know that they are really clean looking rims. but i have one main concern....M5 rims look great on M3's and such. how will it look on an a4? basically what im asking is: what kind of reaction will i get from the general onlooker. keep in mind that i can change the center caps to audi center caps.

2. # ADS
    ADS

Neutral

Status

Re: M5 RIMS ON A B5?

If the wheels fit and you like them then go ahead and fit them. It doesn't matter what other people think (we all have our own opinions). It's your car, you'll know if you have got it right.... hopefully!

6th Gear

Status

As long as you think that they look great and have your Audi centre caps some people wont even realise..

Reverse Gear

Status

also considering this as well, would really like to know if they would fit or not. as i have not found rims that would compliment my 04' A4 Avant 1.8T. strongly considering a set of M5 rims from a 04. so i assume i could switch that middle cap?

sorry as the name says new at all stuff related to cars ) thanks for any response!

Neutral

Status

The thing is BMW rims are so well known it is not wise to put them on an Audi... same goes for the other way round esp those RS4/S4 wheels, so I wouldn't recommend it to be honest... They're just too easily recognisable and people would wonder whether your car wants to be an Audi or a beemer. If you're to get replica wheels that look great on your car for certain, get the RS4 ones.

1st Gear

Status

I think you're forgetting that the rims may not have the same bolt pattern. BMW wheels do not have the same ET as those for the Audi - the BMW ET's will not clear the brakes.

If you can get the same design in an Audi spec wheel then disregard my comments - and good luck.

Reverse Gear

Status

I believe that the bolt pattern is slightly smaller on Audi's than on BMW's. I thought about taking the 18" E46 M3 rims I had on my 325i off before selling the car and putting them on my A4. Nice looking rims, would have looked great on my A4, but wouldn't fit.