airbag warning light stays on

manikm

Reaction score
My airbag light stays on, and when i got it serviced - the guy said that he's disarmed them and told me that I will need a new airbag ignitor at a big cost? does that make sense, or was he talking BS?

So you didn't have the warning light go on untill this guy disarmed them, and now he is trying to get you to buy new ignitors? Something doesn't sound right....

nah, sorry for being non descript - the light stayed on b4hand anyway, i just waited till it needed its full service to have it checked out - when he checked it out, he said that i'd need new ignitors, but he'd disarmed them just in case they went of when not supposed to.
he said it will cost me about 500 quid!? to fix.
Is this right!? Sounds a lot.

THE AIRBAG SYSTEM WILL NEVER GO OFF WHEN IT SHOULDNT.MANY SAFE GUARDS BUILT IN TO PREVENT THIS.YOU HAVE LOTS OF IGNITERS ON THE CAR(ONE PER AIRBAG)WHO SERVICES YOUR CAR?SOUNDS LIKE HE DOESNT KNOW WHAT HES DOING,WOULDNT LET HIM TOUCH MY AIRBAG SYSTEM.YOU NEED TO GE A PRINT OF THE FAULT CODE ITS PROBABLY SOMETHING SIMPLE.GET A COPY OF THE FAULT AND POST IT SHOULD BE ABLE TO ADVISE YOU

With the airbag light on it definitley wont go off!!!

When this is on the whole airbag system is deactivated!!
I would get this sorted asap mate!!! God forbid but you might need them!!!

Isnt your car under warranty??

Lol, nah - its 1998 - well out of warranty.
Hmmm, i didnt really take the seriousness into account with the airbags.
I spent so much on its service getting the suspension sorted, i couldnt stomach the price of sorting the airbags as well.
When he said £500 quid i said, i will do it sometime soon...i will take it to an Audi garage then.
Thanks.