Chris NottVolks Autos

Thread: Sprint booster

tja
    Neutral

Status

Sprint booster

Has anyone fitted a sprint booster to an A4 turbo yet? Wondered whether it might be a worthwhile mod, or does slight turbo lag negate any gains in throttle response?

2. # ADS
    ADS

All hail the mighty quattro!

Status
    The way it works is it plugs into your electronic throttle. As you press your foot down depending on how far you push the pedal directly relates to how much throttle your engine is given. Fitting one of these, as I understand it, basically gets rid of this gradual adjustment and gives you full throttle only, at the small touch of your pedal. So it then becomes pretty hard to drive daily, steady smooth slow driving becomes much harder. Great for the drag strip where your foot's planted anyway, but day to day I'd imagine a bit of a pain to live with, unless you permanently drive it like you stole it! So personally, wouldn't fancy it. Talked to the guys at awesome gti about these too, and even though they sell them, for normal use it got a thumbs down, especially for 100ish quid!

Hope this is some help.
    MRC-Powerflex-Hotchkis-Porsche-Compomtive-Vredestein-034-JHM-Apikol-EBC-FK-Labree-Vibrant-Recaro

6th Gear

Status
    The electronic pedal, while pretty innovative, can never match the feel of a good old pedal and cable set-up.

All hail the mighty quattro!

Status
    Gotta agree there, took me a while to adjust to driving my Audi!
    MRC-Powerflex-Hotchkis-Porsche-Compomtive-Vredestein-034-JHM-Apikol-EBC-FK-Labree-Vibrant-Recaro

3rd Gear

Status
    Sounds great. An on/off switch for the thottle!
    1999 S4, MIJ Performance exhaust with 100 cell cats