what to do

sash

Reaction score
Got a bit of a dilemma.

Got some BBS CH 18" x 8.5 et35 that im thinking of selling. They do not fit well on my B5 s4 saloon, i get slight rubbing on the front passenger arch at full compression, ie when taking a tight corner fast.

Took it down to QST who fitted some H&R coilovers (what a transformation), they told me that s4s passenger side wheel sticks out about 5mill more than drivers side. Apparently this is quite common, i was shown another yellow s4 with the same problem (that didnt have 8.5s on though so it wasnt sticking out past the wheel arch)

Anyway, a few options have been offered up as a solution to the rubbing.

1. Roll the wheel arch
2. Lower profile tyres up front
3. Change my alloys for less wide ones

Dont really like the idea of 1 but have not ruled it out.

Dont mind doing 2 but what if i get a flat, what tyre should the spare have?

I see 3 as the last resort, unless i can get a good price for my hardly used BBS CH with goodyear F1s.

Any suggestions or comments would be much appreciated?

If you get low profile run flat tyres a little more expensive but you will not need to have a spare spacifically for them as i think that you can do about 50 miles or so at slowish speeds, i have these they are very good...

Whats the performance like on the run flats.

My advice: Find a good shop to do the rolling. So many of my buddies have had their S4 fender's rolled and they have no issues whatsoever with 19's and dropped suspensions via coilovers. I think you should do the rolling and be done with all the other worries; too many variables and choices to worry about. BTW: My fenders are getting rolled in two weeks, too. I have FK Silverline Plus coilovers with a 1" drop all around and I'll be going to 18's after the rolling.

Very good performance, they are great in the dry and in the wet, well worth it for piece of mind.