Quickshift Q

Oranoco

Reaction score
Website
www.passionford.com
MAte of mine has called and said he bought a quickshift for his Passat thinking it would fit. It doesn't and is apparently a B5 A4 item. Not that I don't trust him as he's straight as a die but how do I know it's the right one for my car?

Also are there any issues with fitting a quickshift on these boxes suxh as baulking?

I've had customers complain about the feel - I've removed more than I've fitted.

To me, the stock shift works fine, as long as the linkage is correctly adjusted, and all the nylon bushes are in good shape.

Well it's a short shift so I expect the shift feel to change. I run a B&M in my S2 track car and that has what feels like no throw at all. After driving the Audi I find I spend a few shifts going from 2nd to 5th. lol

yes, or tanoga or jhm or ebay are the most common

There have been issues with reverse detent / lock out on 6-speed cars.

I cant find an ebay cheapy that works with my six speed. The B&M clone is supposed to suit a passat up to 2004, but there is no way its gonna fit

I have had that same sellers quick shift on my MR2, have to say all they have done is taken a B&M shifter and copied it exactly, they even gave me photocopied B&M install instructions lol Its a good quality product and is next on my list of things to buy from them.

i have a short shift kit i bought from ebay lying around if anyone wants it, no instructions tho as left them in my a4 then sold it. Its new never fitted. PM me if interested.

was it listed to fit a passat up to 2004?? as thats the one i need apparently

6 speed?

It's also worth noting, there were 2 types of shift patterns in 5-speed Passat B5.

-1-3-5
-2-4-R

And:

R-1-3-5
--2-4-

I have a ebay short shifter and it works sweet and the kits cover all version of the B5 gear box so dont worry.

There is one down side and thst is when you are in gear you can make it the shift knob move around like you are in neutral but I only discoverd this after near on a year of use after someone else told me about it. LOL

Stock
Gearshift2.jpg

Short shift
DSC00120.jpg

I love it and it feels so different and when I first fitted it I kept trying to force it in to gear but it already was but after a couple of days you get used to the short throw.

I had an ebay SS on the 5 speed, and i note some of them are listed to suit a passat up to 2004 inc 6 speed, and some only say passat up to 2001, although the kits look the same.
My gear linkage is from a 2003 passat so i guess i need one for that

I have a ebay short shifter and it works sweet and the kits cover all version of the B5 gear box so dont worry.

There is one down side and thst is when you are in gear you can make it the shift knob move around like you are in neutral but I only discoverd this after near on a year of use after someone else told me about it. LOL

Stock
Gearshift2.jpg

Short shift
DSC00120.jpg

I love it and it feels so different and when I first fitted it I kept trying to force it in to gear but it already was but after a couple of days you get used to the short throw.

Me too, no problems here with mine

the kit i have is for the b5 95-01, a6 00, s4 00-02. passat 98-02. Checked inside the box today everything is still wrapped lol