Developing Brembo Brake Kit For B5's...

Siena

Reaction score
Hi guys,

As most probably already know, there isn't really a lot of choice when it comes to bolt-on big brakes for B5 fronts. Most popular option so far is A6 / TT carriers to space the original calipers out, to accept 312mm discs.

I'm currently developing a big Brembo bolt-on kit for B5 cars, including S4.

Kit will consist of:

A pair of 4-piston Brembos.
A pair of Brembo-to-B5 A4 / S4 adapters.
A pair of discs in 288 / 315 / 330 / 365 / 380mm (dependent on current wheel size).
A pair of braided brake lines.
A set of pads, either Mintex, Brembo or Hawk.
Titanium mounting bolts.
Synthetic brake fluid.

Discs, apart from the choice of size, will be available as one-piece, or two-piece with central bells.

Minimum wheel size will be 16" for 288mm, rising to 19" for 380mm set-up

There'll also be a choice of solid or slotted.
I shall not be offering drilled items - I've run them in the past, and they have a tendency to crack between the holes.

Brembo calipers will be available in black or red.

I'm doing the development on my own car.
The kits will be available for both quattro and front track B5.

If anyone is interested, please register interest here.
Price wise, I'll know more once mine is done.
I'll also be putting them through their paces in terms of testing.

Not sure if this can be made a sticky by moderators, will be good if it can be done.

Thanks for reading.

sounds an attractive option if they are cheaper than doing an rs4 / rs6 brake upgrade with similar performance for the a/s4!

I would be interested dependent on price. certainly keen to know more. good stuff!

I've a couple of pairs of brembo 4-pots in the garage and often thought about adapting them to fit my a4 but never got round to it !!

Depends on overall price, i am interested as the FWD cars dont seem to have many options.

Andy, FWD cars will be catered for.

Good good, build quality will be A1 as per usual :thumbsup: from yourself lol

I'm up for this fella.

what other details do you need at the moment??

Right now, no details required.

I've got my A4 QS and TDI FWD to use as test rigs, so all good.

Nice one fella just let me know when you need any info.

lockie

I'm interested.

What differences will this kit contain compared to those kits offered by the likes of Brembo and ECS?

eg, are the calipers a different model etc?

Cheers

N

I'm interested.

What differences will this kit contain compared to those kits offered by the likes of Brembo and ECS?

eg, are the calipers a different model etc?

Cheers

N

The main thing that puts people off certain suppliers across the pond is cost, + shipping.

My kits will be competitively priced, and will be tested on our roads.
My car's no lightweight, so if the 365mm kit will haul my B5 to a stop without any drama...

What size disc woud i need to to fit under my 18' RS4 Reps? Thinking 315 or 330's??

I am fitting RS4 B7 fronts and Rs4 B5 rears to a 1.8t
costs:
front hub carriers from an S4 = £40
front RS4 drive shafts = £100
brand new front B7 calipers = £775 (have a set for sale on ebay as it happens I bought a set second hand with delivery mileage b7 discs/pads I got for £850)
brand new front B7 discs are about £500
Braided Hoses £100 custom made
bought a set of RS4 B5 fornt and read calipers and discs for £300. sold the fronts for £190

I reckon by the time I have paid for Cv joint kits and any "bits" I will be down about £1200 to run 360mm drilled/vented front sisca on six pots and 312mm Rs4 B5rears on stainless braided hoses. all fitting under Rs6 OEM ET43 18"s with 10mm hubcentric spacers

£300 a corner with a bit of patience and shopping

Titanium mounting bolts.

Are you sure Titanium has the required tensile strength?

Every brake kit I've ever dealt with uses mounting bolts of at least 12.8...which I thought was way stronger than titanium could be made?

With the excessive forges calliper bolts, and calliper carrier bolts take under heavy braking, especially with aggressive pads and sticky tyres...I'd want to know that the bolts holding it all together are not going to shear.

Just wondering...'cos if you've found a source for high tensile Titanium bolts, that would be superb!

Wurth's do titanium bolts rated up to 14.7 in that size.

What size disc woud i need to to fit under my 18' RS4 Reps? Thinking 315 or 330's??

Actually, depending on spoke design, and offset, 360mm discs will fit under your wheels.

360mm under my 18"s.....its a squeeze!

:think: hmmm think it might be a bit overkill for a estimated aimed 280bhp car... 330 should be enough? Shouldn't it??

Hex head.

Their cap headed bolts come in a much lower tensile strength in that size.

interested in 365/380mm conversion, S4 fitment. Also any suggestion as to what rears to use when you have managed to work everything out. :)

Phantom, will be looking into the rears later on.

RS4 rears bolt onto 1.8tq hub carriers, both B5 and B7

not sure, about 10-12mm in it I think.
312mm seems to ring a bell but that sounds huge!

just googled 304 and 324mm
mine are the B5 304's still bigger than the most front discs!

Im interested i sold my movit kit as i need the money for a power fc for the Silvia but now im back looking again for a decent kit. :)

Any movment on this as im looking again for a big brake kit.

has anyone ever thought of K-sport?

Front 8 pot brake kits.
Available in Orange and Black.

8-pot-brakes.jpg

The K-sport 8 Piston Brake Kit is available in 330mm or 356mm diameter. 32mm wide brake discs and suitable for 17 inch wheels or above.

When the components of the kit are worn, such as the brake discs, AP parts can be fitted along with the brake pads from the following well-known brands: AP, FERODO, MINTEX, EBC and PAGID.

330mm Kit with Ksport Street pads £727.66 + vat i could help with a group buy if needed and get you guys discount

looks decent value for money

I have also been looking at the Hi Spec Monster 4 pot conversion 360mm disc but that comes to 1300 inc vat ish

K-Sport make good brakes as a lot of my mates have then on their jap cars and track cars so they are well up to the job. Would be interested in a GB put some details up :)