Considering selling my 2000 1.8TQS

ouch lol..

Bong mate I have a 04 plate Volvo s60 t5 SE on the drive with 109,000k

An ex plod you see....

Just replacing some engine mounts ten a remap to 310bhp is on the cards!

That's going to be fun with FWD!

Are they a 6 cylinder engine? I always thought they were 4 for some reason

For me its either a BMW 325 just want to test drive one first, or back to Honda, I miss Honda high revving fun and FWD

"at what point did I blame you for my car not selling in all of a day"
Errmmm, here:
"Its obviously not going to sell via this forum due to your ranting"

Sorry I've got nothing better to do than point out the bleedin' obvious!

Ah yes, ill let you have that one, however I was refering to it being advertised on the auto trader when I mentioned all of a day. Now run along please, I have grown tired of your troll like shenanigans

Are they a 6 cylinder engine? I always thought they were 4 for some reason

For me its either a BMW 325 just want to test drive one first, or back to Honda, I miss Honda high revving fun and FWD

No mate they are a 5 pot nice and smooth...loving it big sleeper.

My two pence about the mileage thing:

I have to agree that high mileage cars are a better deal, my volvo engine has done on average 30k a year since new and hasn't used one single drop of oil in 3000 miles.

What I have found however is things like shocks and suspension will need changed (as does mine) as they will be tired.

This stuff can become expensive, then theres top mounts, arb links, end links, arb's etc etc etc.

I5's have an awesome note :)

The Audi I5 motor from the UR is seriously awesome sounding, infact its the only thing that comes close to a V8!

Seeing as it's seems to be the best thing to do to this thread, I'll continue to push it off topic by countering Aragorn's statement.

While the I5 is marvellous, IMHO it is not the only thing that comes close to a V8.

The VR6 is one of the best sounding engines, period. Driving one through the gears is akin to playing a musical instrument... The change in pitch as you hit 4k is awesome.

The I5 Audi engines always do it for me, everytime.

I do really miss my quattro turbo 10V, as well as my RS2-engined Coupe quattro type 85.

Most of my Audi's were 5-cylinder models, and that "warble" beats the silky smooth soundtrack of the VR6.

Yes unfortunately for that money you can get a good B6 1.8TQS and one with a service book. I know it's all computerised, but I would be put off if there was nothing, kinda tells you how well the car has been looked after if a previous owner lost the most important document for the vehicle.

Cardiff Audi lost the service book for mine. have got a replacement, but getting it stamped up is never going to happen. Have the printout though. I guess at 170K, it does not matter too much anyway

Seeing as it's seems to be the best thing to do to this thread, I'll continue to push it off topic by countering Aragorn's statement.

While the I5 is marvellous, IMHO it is not the only thing that comes close to a V8.

The VR6 is one of the best sounding engines, period. Driving one through the gears is akin to playing a musical instrument... The change in pitch as you hit 4k is awesome.

Must admit I love the VR6 note, I had a dragon green gold vr6 p reg lovely car sounded georgeous, I used to sit and rev the tits off it when it was warm just to hear it.

Mate of mine had a 5 pot quattro sounded lovely at full hilt it was an NA one bet the turbo ones sounded even better.

My old vr6 is up for 1600 quid dying to buy it back.

If you knew anything about sales (regardless of what it is) you would know that you always go in as high as possible so you have room to discount

I'll have to remeber that one.

Classic.

my 2000 1.8 tqs tells me i get 37 mpg on a long drive at normal speeds.its prob nearer 35 in reality but still ****** good for that sort of car.

Hmm, it would appear the 1,8T I4 is thirstier than the 2,6 / 2,8 V6.

In town, my 2,6L V6 QS averages 32,6 mpg.
On a long run, it's gone as high as 37,6 mpg.

I'm looking forward to seeing what my car will achieve with the 4,2L S8 motor.

I am sitting at about 33 mpg (on the dis) at the moment and thats driving like a saint for the past 200miles apart from on about 3 occasions.

I dont think I could get that any higher unless it was 100% motorway.

lol, i struggle to average 32mpg in my n/a 1.8!! about 42mpg motorway speeds but in town it's around 28. prolly needs a tune - i suspect the maf is dodgy.

With me behind the wheel, probably about 8 to the gallon. :o.k:

I only normally manage about 18 mpg with the S4. It's all heavy right footed short journeys though. :s4addict:

Hmm, it would appear the 1,8T I4 is thirstier than the 2,6 / 2,8 V6.

In town, my 2,6L V6 QS averages 32,6 mpg.
On a long run, it's gone as high as 37,6 mpg.

Maybe the 2.6, but no way will you get that sort of mpg from the 2.8. I consistently get 22-24mpg from my 2.8Q, OK it's a quattro, but even so......
IIRC there's a big jump in power from the 2.6 to the 2.8 30valve, 140 (or thereabouts) compared to 192bhp.

Maybe the 2.6, but no way will you get that sort of mpg from the 2.8. I consistently get 22-24mpg from my 2.8Q, OK it's a quattro, but even so......
IIRC there's a big jump in power from the 2.6 to the 2.8 30valve, 140 (or thereabouts) compared to 192bhp.

2.6i 12v = 150BHP
2.8i 30v = 193BHP

I have the 2.6i quattro Sport and I usually sit about 18 - 19 MPG (the burd manages to get it down to 17MPG) on long runs I've had 38MPG

I think we have gone slightly off topic :think:

2.6i? As opposed to the twincarb version?
Sorry that took me right back to the 80's
So how come Siena is getting twice that?

Hmm, Andy, not sure why our figures are so different.
Both cars are quattro too.

Yes, the 4,2L all aluminium V8 motor is lighter than the cast iron block 2,7L Biturbo V6.

But, with a lot more torque at my disposal, it'll be easier to cruise with less throttle opening.

The B5 quattro is a heavy car.

I am so bored I thought I would come on here and have a read from my Audi ownership

I still cant beleive anyone would think a high mileage car is better than a low mileage car, I mean how thick do you have to be to work that out!

I sold this car for £4500 IIRC to a nice bloke from Ireland, maybe he is on here?

And I did go on to get a Prelude, simply awesome car but had to sell it, shame :(

Huh?

I'd rather buy a car with higher mileage if it means some major servicing work had been completed. Plus one with abnormally low mileage isnt really any good either, because it just means its more likely to have sat around or driven very short journeys? Both of which arent really good for cars.

A Lot of the components wear out with time just the same as with mileage, so its quite possible to find a higher mileage car in better condition mechanically than a low mileage one.

As an example a mate of mine recently baught a corsa on ebay with a snapped timing belt. The car had only done 36000 miles, but it was nearly 10 years old, and clearly the belt had never been changed because it had never reached the "60k" service interval. Ok the service book probably says 60k or 5years, but that had been ignored.

Mileage alone is simply not a good indicator of how a car is going to be, overall condition is more important in my eyes, and a high mileage car maintained meticulously with no concerns for the cost is likely to be a better buy than a low mileage one thats been skimped on.

Plus, with all the goobers out there obsessed with the letter on the number plate, and numbers on the odometer, it means those of us with a bit of savvy can get a much better car for our money!

Why would you buy a 10 year old car with the original cambelt, its a peice of rubber that spins at what ever RPM the car is capeable of, bit daft if you ask me

This is why there is a date as well as a mileage when it come to service schedules, you been brain washed my andymac, or you own a high mileage car and you are justifying your purchase

Welcome back, Bong - been a long while.

My car has now rolled over 220,000 miles, and still going strong.

i never buy a car on mileage,it means **** all! so a car thats done 20k miles with an owner that has ragged it from cold all the time and hit evey pot hole and speed bump flat out is better than a car the same that has done 40k miles with a carefull owner who does motorway miles? i know what car i would buy. if you ask me there is hardly any point bothering with mileage once a car is getting older.

He baught the car with a snapped belt, but clearly the previous owner hadnt thaught about it because it was a "nice low mileage" car.

Brainwashed? I'm just applying some common sense.

Our car has 185k miles on the clock, and sure its showing its age, but it was cheap. But i've replaced wheel bearings, all the front suspension arms and all the brake disks since we've had it, and the only other thing i'd like to sort is the oil pump, but cant really afford it just now, so its being left for now. Its also had a new turbo and replacement front shocks.

At the end of the day, i could buy a car with 120k on it, which has a turbo thats about to expire, knackered suspension arms, and wheel bearings/brakes in need of replacement soon. In my eyes a car with 180k but all those bits fixed is a much better purchase, than one on 120k thats about to spit you a huge bill.

I think we need to start a high-mileage club in the B5 section!

Who's the daddy? :ninja:

im only on 180k so far. deiselfitter is 230k or something like that.

Someone start a new thread for us high-milers.

I'd start one myself, but I'm feeling dead lazy...

I'm on 66k at the mo, looking forward in a couple of years to finding if the sixth digit on the odo actually works...