which diverter valve?

dann959

Reaction score
question on which after market diverter valve I should purchase. Describe your experiences both using and installing and suggestions

RVM
HYPERBOOST
EVO
007 FORGED

what do you guys recomend

I have the forge fitted to my car and instantly noticed better holding of the boost.

[ QUOTE ]
Markey said:
I have the forge fitted to my car and instantly noticed better holding of the boost.

[/ QUOTE ]

If your OEM DV was broken then fair enough. If the OEM DV was working normally then I very much doubt there would be a difference, in fact there can be no reason for there to be a difference.

I think the aftermarket DVs are a con. They are marketed as performance enhancements whereas in fact they can do little other than (in some cases) improve reliability. They cannot improve performance unless OEM valves are torn or otherwise broken. I have several DVs sitting in my garage that I have tried on 1.8T engines and my S4 and I can say with confidence that they make NO DISCERNABLE difference to sound, performance and if anything I found the aftermerket valves on the 1.8T to slow down throttle response and turbo spool up. They make no more power on the dyno, and now my local tuner is recommening the latest revision bosch with uprated internals over all the aftermarket stuff. I think the placebo effect of spending £70+ on a beautiful shiney aluminium DV is leading to these fabled performance increases. If you look objectively I doubt there is a difference, and I for one, could not tell on a blind trial which was which.

Add this to the stories of some aftermarket DVs coming apart in use and sending bits into the intake system, I think I'll continue with my two £20 bosch valves with some spares in the boot along with the spare TBB....

I have recently fitted a diaghram forge dv. Put in the blue spring and my god, the boost is maintained for ages. Highly recommendooo!!!!

[ QUOTE ]
leespears1 said:
I have recently fitted a diaghram forge dv. Put in the blue spring and my god, the boost is maintained for ages. Highly recommendooo!!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

What does this mean? Surely the boost can only be "maintained" so long as the throttle is open and the turbo with operatin range??

thanks for the imput, I will however get a new valve wic one i dont know yet. I'm running over 1 bar and I think its getting the best of the stock valve. I might get the latest bosch or rvm since they are closest to oem audi specs. I have a 2000 a4 is the valve located underneath by the oil pan? do I take off the plastic guard to access it? How easy is instillation?

I have a 2000 A4 and i found my DV down under neath the Turbo you have to go under the car on the left hand side of the eninge to get to it..

Is the DV, on a 2000 a4, in the same place as the 99.5's? If not can you tell me where?

Bailey; I love mine, no issues whatsoever for 40k miles.