Rear wiper / dash trim

Reaction score
The rear wiper does'nt park it just stops where ever it is a soon as you push the stalk down,is this a fault with the motor or stalk ??.And I was also looking for the wood door/dash trim and wondered if these can be picked up fairly cheap or are they sort after item ??

Wiper park is on the motor, as for the trim, i think the ally trim is more sought after so the wood should be reletivly easy to aquire

Yes, wood looks dreadful in an Audi so you should be able to pick it up really cheaply on ebay.

I disagree,i think it suites the a4 especially when combined with leather .Ive looked on ebay are there is nothing at all listed for the b5's only the later models !!

agree with you 951, although i dont dislike the ally trim the ones in the S4's

each to there own hey

I disagree,i think it suites the a4 especially when combined with leather .Ive looked on ebay are there is nothing at all listed for the b5's only the later models !!

Each to his own and all that etc..... I agree, my A4 has a navy blue leather interior with blue dash etc and the original factory-fit textured aluminium-look trim looked horrid, totally out of place IMHO.
Picked up a complete unused set of wood trim for a rhd B5 on Ebay from a German seller and it was really cheap, about £20 IIRC.
It's made a massive difference to the interior, one of the best things I've done.......
Regarding rear wiper, isn't there a relay for this, has it been checked?
Be aware though that the rear wiper motors on A3/A4 etc are well known for fluid leaking inside the motor itself and causing all sorts of odd operational problems.Its caused by the washer fluid pipe being made of ferrous material and a design that passes the pipe through the motor itself, so when the pipe eventually rusts it leaks fluid straight into the electrics of the motor.
In my case the motor developed a life of its own, though apparently one of the early warning signs is of a wiper arm that stops and starts and doesn't travel across the whole of its arc of movement smoothly.
You can get a rebuild kit for the wiper motor from VW/Audi but in my case it was easier and almost as cheap to get a s/h motor from an Audi breaker...............

I did think of stripping the motor down but as you say it will be easier to just go and get another one,does the a3 have the same motor as my local breakers has one in ??. Ive looked one ebay for a wood trim set but nothing is avalible at the moment !!