Auto glym

ALPINE

Yes its diesel, now cry u lost
Reaction score
Wow! i must say i am very impressed. i have not long finished polishing the car and it looks so different. i have always used "Mer" and found it very good for removing tar etc. i am really very shocked in the difference of the car, it had taken all the swerls out the paint and given it so much depth.

usless thred i know but i thought i would share my new found happness with you all!! lol

What do you use to polish your car??:cool:

I dont polish the car often as I wax it regularly and find it doesnt need much of a polish but I was using the same bottle of polish I bought 18 years ago and it ran out just a couple weeks ago lol
The polish seemed to get better and better the older it got lol
Unfortunately I dont think the company exists any more :(

I use Meguires Next Gen wax which I find pretty good and Meguires Trim Detail for the black trim which is awsome stuff!

if anyone's seen the recent shots of mine (some in the photo thread), this is what we used to get it shiny...

wash
leather
clay
wash
leather
poorboys professional polish
poorboys polish with carnauba wax
pinnacle xmt carnauba finishing glaze
einszett waxpolish soft

got some blackfire diamond all finish paint protection now (instead of the pinnacle) - will maybe post the results up when i get round to giving it a go.

mine looked like a dog before me & a mate put the effort in with the above products, but it was definitely worth it. took about 6 hours the two of us.

Wow! i must say i am very impressed. i have not long finished polishing the car and it looks so different. i have always used "Mer" and found it very good for removing tar etc. i am really very shocked in the difference of the car, it had taken all the swerls out the paint and given it so much depth.

usless thred i know but i thought i would share my new found happness with you all!! lol

What do you use to polish your car??:cool:

i use autoglym radiant wax, what one are you using?

Always used Autoglym SRP but only use a couple of times a year as I use Megs Carnauba wax once every few washes.

I am using an Autoglym product for the blacks and rubbers but find it fades again after a few months and its a mare to get off the windows and paintwork if it gets on there, anyone know of a product for external black plastic and rubbers that lasts a good while?

Cool cheers, ill try it when this stuff runs out, shouldnt take that long as I end up using loads!

Some autoglym products are great and some arent, the bumper trim stuff is kinda pants, it washes off very easily and makes your trim look grey again. Polish is good if your wanting rid of any nasties but dont have a machine, it wont get rid of swirls no matter how much you think it does.
Ultra Deep shine makes the darker colour cars stand out and the protection stuff is good if you put on atleast three layers. As for cleaning the inside i recommend the shampoo spray/foam, cleans roof linings brilliantly (foam). After using several leather conditioners Id say the AG one is pretty average and offers very little protection for your leather. Meguairs Leather Shampoo/Conditioner is rather good but Im sure there is better also.
The best AG product I have has to be Fast Glass, cleans very well and leaves no residue at all.

, it wont get rid of swirls no matter how much you think it does.

my car was very badley swirld up. after a mix of auto glym and some expensive cloths i can 100% garrentee that the swirls are down to a bare minimum. but as said... my swerls were very very bad looked awful in the sunlight and didnt look matalic. i was shocked to find mt paint was matalic!! lol paint almost has a very slight purple tint to it!

biggest issue i've always found with AG is the dust, it's a mare as you take it off... and as stated above, you get rubber seals or plastics, and it's a grade a biatch to get the stuff off again.

i do like the UDS tho, does a good job on darker metallics imo :)

C

I normally mix the srp and extra gloss protection works a treat.

I also use the megs yellow wax. Is awesome, my mate had a TVR sitting in his workshop for 2 years and I gave it a wash and a quick coat of that the other day and what a difference it made to the paint.