F000kin ell!!

ALPINE

Yes its diesel, now cry u lost
Reaction score
those new wheels in the wet... talk about no grip!! 225 dunlops all round. decent tread on em... why on earth am i sliding about?? it did not do it b4 on the 16" sport rims.

have been reading the other thread on here about understeer, but my car never sufferd from it before the new rims??

any suggestions???

p.s Was fun every time the **** end flew out, it felt like a rwd!!:):wtf:

That's Dunlops for you, the worst tyres I've ever had the displeasure of driving on, wheelspin in practically every gear. Get some decent rubber my friend. In fact get anything other than Dunlops.

Ha ha!

Good old AndyMac, tell it the way it is. :icon_thumright:

Falkens on mine, cracking tyre for the price.
18x225x40 @ £70 Each :D

Fronts are getting a little worn now and I sometimes get understear when booting it in the wet round corners but really really struggle to get **** out.

How many miles you done on the tyres mate??? You need to scrub them in before even trying to fly about in them and nevermind in the wet. Get atleast 500 miles on them before doing the old style driving you had with the previous tyres. Dunlops cant be that bad as most of the coppers volvos run on em and they reguraly use them at higher speeds than us common folk.

So yeh get some wear into them first and then adopt your old driving style, I lost my rear end a few month back with my new tyres and since gettin 600miles on them they feel a hell of a lot better.

How many miles you done on the tyres mate??? You need to scrub them in before even trying to fly about in them and nevermind in the wet. Get atleast 500 miles on them before doing the old style driving you had with the previous tyres. .

Thats true, they have some greasy protection stuff on them for storage purposes

I haven't got a clue what tyres are on my car.

Awesome pattern on them though, not lines they's just got big v grooves >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

:superman:

i've put this in another thread but might as well put it up again as the seems cheap.
camskill.co.uk
225/40/18 kuhmo £52 that includes vat and delivery

Had a look at camskill when you sugggested it last, still approx £100, I dont like Kumho tyres. Never mind, just look at new wheels and even thinking about selling up and going back to jap

try adjusting pressures, and waiting till they warm up before testing grip, my tyres are dreadfull till ive done 5-10 miles, also rain after a few sunny days makes for slippiest road conditions (apart from ice/snow obviously) wider tyres generally decrease grip in the wet, and as turbo lag said if new they need running in for first few hundred miles

Dunlops cant be that bad as most of the coppers volvos run on em and they reguraly use them at higher speeds than us common folk.

Trust me they are, and if indeed most coppers volvo's use them (which I don't believe) then it's purely because they last forever. I got 69k miles out of the rears. While some people stupidly believe this is a good thing, it actually means they just are a terrible tyre.

Trust me they are, and if indeed most coppers volvo's use them (which I don't believe) then it's purely because they last forever. I got 69k miles out of the rears. While some people stupidly believe this is a good thing, it actually means they just are a terrible tyre.

Coppers use goodyear eagle f1's - quality tyre

V tread - directional jobs

roads around where i am are getting very greasy in the wet , more than ever before for some reason, have you give them a good scrubbing in the dry yet? ive got some cheap 18" kuhmo tyres at the moment at 70 each and they honestly seem better than my last t1rs in the wet and not much difference at all in the dry.

I rate the Khumos too, for the cost they are really good, progressive in the wet and a suprising amount of grip in the dry.For £50 a tyre its a good deal for 18's

pzero on mine.
hated pirelli p6000, loved GY F1 GSD3's