my new wheels

joss

Reaction score
right here we go then.
bought them offa egay for £147 with p+p which i think is alright. they look all straight and theres only a bit of scabbing here and there in the paint.
there 18 x 8 with an off set of 48
i've fitted one on the front to check for clearance issues and as far as i can see it all seems ok but i couldn't turn the wheel as theres no tyre on it.
is there any thing i should look for,clearance wise. the coilovers are on there way too so it's also gonna be a lot lower.
as you can see they don't stick out which is exactly how i wanted um. there just about flush with the wing.
tyres will be(hopefully) 215/35/18
0022.jpg

001-1.jpg

0042.jpg

right just been out and got a FREE tyre put on by a nice man.
will put it on the car tomorrow and check how much turning i can do.

I would then just measure to see what size spacers you need. Dont want them sitting away in the arches.

When you lower the car off the jack they will sit way in.

yeah but if there tucked in slightly and have clearance will i be able to lower it loads.then i spose i'd have to roll the inner part of the wing. oh well if it needs doing.will check out the rears too tomorrow.
i want it this low
berendrecht01iz3.jpg

i had 35 offset 18" s8 replicas on mine and could "just" get my finger between arch and tyre (225/40) - there was no rubbing. suspension is FK AK coilovers on their lowest setting. don't know about the rears 'cause i have the car set up with a bit of rake at the moment.

on 42 offset rs4 replicas:
a4polished.jpg

as you can see, nice and snug in there. i would like them to fill out the arch a little more but i'm happy enough. with a 48 offset wheel i would want at least a 5mm spacer. again, tyres are 225/40 - i personally think 215/35 would make the overall diameter too small, although i suppose they would give the impression of a bigger wheel.

Love that A4 on LMs! Quite a stretch on the tyres, the way to go real low!

I'm on the look out for a set myself, fancy a change after a year of my CHs. That pic has convinced me even more now!

brendan is that as low as it'll go..mind you arn't the ak ones different to the highsport ones.

found another pic of that same car.tis rather nice.
kevinmooieerstpz6.jpg

brendan is that as low as it'll go..mind you arn't the ak ones different to the highsport ones.

can go lower on the rear (about another inch, i reckon) but yeah the front is as low as it will go. the AK coilies that i have are the cheapest FK set so i wouldn't be surprised if the highsport go lower, and having had the AK on for a while, i couldn't recommend them (totally impractical!). here's another pic with the car on slightly more level ground:
a4side.jpg

i had 35 offset 18" s8 replicas on mine and could "just" get my finger between arch and tyre (225/40) - there was no rubbing. suspension is FK AK coilovers on their lowest setting. don't know about the rears 'cause i have the car set up with a bit of rake at the moment.

on 42 offset rs4 replicas:
a4polished.jpg

as you can see, nice and snug in there. i would like them to fill out the arch a little more but i'm happy enough. with a 48 offset wheel i would want at least a 5mm spacer. again, tyres are 225/40 - i personally think 215/35 would make the overall diameter too small, although i suppose they would give the impression of a bigger wheel.

Brendan are your RS4's 18 or 19's mate? Car's looking fine BTW!

Looking forward to seeing your A4 with the A8 18" Swings on. I gave up on the idea as it works out expensive for me with new tyres, refurb and spacers :(

yeah me too.can't wait.
sorry brendan looking side on it is pretty low

When mine was that low it was a pain, and handled **** too, so i lifted her up and she rode and handled much better

right couldn't be ***** today to actually put the wheel on the car as work has been a shitter. any way i placed it by the side of the car to see what it look like.obviously abit smaller as their closer to the camera than the car
i actually think they might be to big..might change my mind and go somit newer in a 17"
0012.jpg

0023.jpg

They will be fine once fitted and lowered. Don't fret you wee bones!!

I think they will look cool.

What size is the tyre?

Should go out and see how they fit though, then you can start planning the next stage. Still plenty hours left in the day before it gets dark.

nah watchin the hulk instead..will do it tomorrow.
think the trye is 2254018 so it's bigger than what i'm getting

I think they look ace once fitted, specially for the cost!

right then. got the wheel and tyre on today and it don't look to bad on the fron but i think the rear needs spacers.to be honest i cant tell as it ain't lowered yet
front
0013.jpg

0024.jpg

full lock
0043.jpg

theres about 5mm between tyre and metal armthingy
0053.jpg

008.jpg

rear
009.jpg

010.jpg

abit tight there.if there was tread on the tyre it'd probablt touch.
011.jpg

and close to the shock as well
012.jpg

if i lower it what arms will move with the wheel and which will get closer as it's lowered?

and the coilovers will be here tuesday at the latest..(man phoned me to tell me):respekt:

I dont think will not get closer when lowered. I would wait to see how it sits with the coils on before deciding what size spacers to get but I think you will be able to get away with 15mm on the rear.

it's propper shagged, it's only on there to see how the wheel fits

I dont think will not get closer when lowered. I would wait to see how it sits with the coils on before deciding what size spacers to get but I think you will be able to get away with 15mm on the rear.

yeah i'm looking round now to see how much i can get um fitted then i'll check the fit of the wheel again and see whats what.

0014.jpg

yeah dudes ,at last.
one thing though how can i tell they sent me the right ones?

yep..a4 2.6 quattro
just checked the part number ( fkau65 ) on venom motorsprt and i think it matches up..
also theres some red leaflets in there but there all in german..is there any thing important in them.?!?

is that a ganja plant next to them ?

nice new shiny parts ! how much were they and where from?

nah just some random bush/plant.
£490from madmotors..they were advertising them at £455but when i ordered them they said they had gone up

all i gotta do now if get um fitted and buy some tyres:)