Elm 323 vs Vag-com

g60leigh

Reaction score
Hi guys I have an ebay lead and vag-com free version
but fancy an upgrade

through a mate at a garage I can have a legitimate user copy of the latest vag-com under his account but need a genuine lead, does anyone knowe where I can get one for realistic money?

has anyone tried these elm scan leads on ebay, they are all a bit more expensive, but are they any better?

cheers

original rosstech is the way to go

gendan are a uk distributor

some have come up on ebay, i missed out on a full hex-usb+can at 125 the other day. otherwise the full price one is an investment as it pays for itself pretty soon

If you buy the genuine lead, I think the most up to date software is free anyway?

I have bought tis one http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI....m=290240232269&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=019
it is not ross-tech one but it has been tested working on version 704.1 so am pretty sure it is a full lead that has all the features, the garage I use there lead is not from ross-tech but is fully supported by it.

anyone know if it will work or if I have messed up!

Its counterfeit for sure. It probably will work with version 704 OK, but wont work with the latest version 805.

it should work fine, my dongle is not made by ross-tech and says assembled in uk on it, but works fine with every version of vag-com, and i registered it fine with ross-tech, i beleive it was from a uk company who made them under licence a few years ago

if im wrong feel free to correct this but as far as i can tell all versions of vag-com are free to download and use (shareware), what you can do with it is down to the cable you have, if you register it you get support from ross-tech, if you buy cable used then you have to pay to register it

how much did you get it for?