will my car fail a mot on bushes?

if there's play in them, then yes.
jack the car up and remove the wheel, then tug the control arms etc. and see if there's play in any of 'em. replace any that aren't solid

bush would not cost a great deal anyways would it?

it aint about the money..... (altho im on a low wage with a wife house and 2 kids) its about actually fitting them all. i cant change a wheel in my street without gtting a chavvy audience! ****** me off! most my car work is carryed out in my local asda car park so im left alone!! lol

i aint jokin!

oh man lol....best thing to do is get it MOT'd and see what guys says, he sold pick it up i would think, if so then ask him for a price and get it sorted, better sooner than later bud :)

the bushes get worn and add play but dont generally knock

knocking is normally the balljoints, which the MOT guy WILL check and WILL fail it on

it can be a serious **** of a job, and not something i'd be wanting to do in a carpark away from my tools. On mine i had to drill out the pinch bolt that holds the top two arms in as it was siezed solid. Its also far easier job if you remove the entire upright from the car, meaning brake calipers and CV's unbolted. Theres another thread that should be pretty near the top thats titled something along the lines of "how do i get the front suspension apart". Have a read of that as most of the foibles are covered there.

I replaced mine without any issues, the complete set, front and rear.

@ Alpine: Drive down to Woodbridge, and I'll do the job!

I was driving behind you 2 weeks ago, near Bexleyheath.
I was in a 2004 black A4 Avant TDI 130 Sport.

I replaced mine without any issues, the complete set, front and rear.

@ Alpine: Drive down to Woodbridge, and I'll do the job!

I was driving behind you 2 weeks ago, near Bexleyheath.
I was in a 2004 black A4 Avant TDI 130 Sport.

HAHAHA shame you was`nt in your sexy orange beast! i would of pulled over and said hi! bit far from home wasnt you?? you live nearly 2 hours away!! do you work near me?

i hope i was behaving myself when you was following me.

HAHAHA shame you was`nt in your sexy orange beast! i would of pulled over and said hi! bit far from home wasnt you?? you live nearly 2 hours away!! do you work near me?

i hope i was behaving myself when you was following me.

Took a couple of dolly birds out for the day, went to Bluewater.