TRANSIT VAN DROVE INTO MY AUDI

AUDI TURBO

Reaction score
I dont believe what just happened spent all that cash then a nice red transit van came flying round the corner not relised that id stopped to let a car through.........screech smash straight iinto back of my ****** car!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:wtf::sign_unfair:

savage mate. sorry to hear about that. could of been worse fella, and i assume every 1 was ok?

unlucky, but now at least you have an excuse to replace those lexus lights with something a bit more tasteful :D

(i can't talk - i have the same ones but the black style)

minor whip lash. his van alot worse!!!!!!!!! im lucky i know if he hadnt of swerved so harsh to miss me id of had 2 tonn of van smack bang in middle of car!!!!!! then all that work would of bin down the pan. thanks god i DID NOT have handbrake on it doesnt bear thinking about. by look of damage to his van it looks like it was mainly bumber and headlights that hit me so car looks rough but not as bad as could of bin. bumber cracked and got holes in it, rear ligh smashed and rather big dent and crack in boot!!!!!!!

clear lights look great........well mine dont any more for the obv reason

i hope they dont scrap my car. it fully driveable ives spent over 2K in just repair and toys for her!!!!!!!!!

im sure they wont mate, its only a bumper, boot and cluster needed to repair is it not? Or is there more worse damage underneath all that you think?

Doesn't look too bad.. thing is with bumpers they usually pop back out after impact so it could be smashed behind. Check the boot floor and back panel from in the boot for any creases or cracks in the seams. Get a 2nd hand bumper and rear light, bootlid repair.... prob looking at about £400 depending on the price of parts or how bad it it behind the bumper

Look on the bright side, you can at least now replace those gash lexarse lights!

i cant tell from the pictures very well, but whats going on under the light? it looks like the paint has come off the rear quarter panel?

if so i have to say its probably going to be written off, as the cost of respraying that panel (at insurance prices) will be very high compared to the value of the car.

If your good, get the insurance company to let you buy the car back, They'll pay you the cars worth minus the scrap value (ie a few hundered pounds) and you get the car back. That way you can use the payout to fix it up and get it sorted out. It will show up as having been written off on any future HPI check, but as long as you keep all the details of the incident etc and perhaps some photos of the damage it shouldnt be too bad if you come to sell it on.

you can only do this if the cars writeen off as category D which basically mean its uneconomical to repair, or C which means its repairable but also needs a extra check of the cars ID before its allowed back on the road if they write it off on cat B your humped because that means spares only and cant be reregistered for the road.

Its clearly not a cat B write off, but some companies write cars off at that level because the have internal policy to get older cars off the road. So you may well need some arguing on that point.

My car wasnt wrote off and it was seriously damaged compared to yours mate, mine needed whole new front suspension on drivers front and a new wing, drivers door and the respray of front bumper, and two doors. So surely your Insurance could repair that for a whole lot less.

it depends on his insurance as to whether he'd have to buy back the wreck or not. if he's 3rd party f&t then it's a straight 3rd party claim for cash (or repair) with the van driver's insurance, "audi turbo" will always own the car.

in my experience, he'll have to get a couple of quotes for the repair and send them in to the van driver's insurers, then at some point a loss-adjuster will get back in touch to either approve the repair or offer a cash figure (i suppose it's compensation in a way). they're only interested in minimising their payout so if they and the victim can agree a cash sum then everyone's happy.

if the OP's insurance is comprehensive then they'll handle it all and what aragorn says is pretty much right.

as for that bit below the rear light, they come with a chrome strip (and a black one iirc.) - you can't put the OEM bit (from genuine units) on these lights so you either have to paint the supplied ones or stick with chrome or black. sucks, doesn't it?

i really dont think lexus lights that bad!!!!!!!!! but i have no choice be back to plain old simple ones. now i regret selling my old lights at car boot!! im with churchill the van driver was with longsdale broker. so basically because some **** wasnt watching what he was doing i might have a car that now be registered as cat d repair. great. I wonder what offer they will make me for a payout. must be worth atleast a 1K?????? with that minus my buying back fee i shud be able to buy new bumper and paint lights and boot repaired. i hope

lol hospital... soz that made me chuckle.

hope she comes back as new m8!

Hope you get her sorted, better than before.

SHES GONE!!!!!!!!!1 my temp car is a fiat punto 1.2L .........wow feel the power!!!!!!! all 70bhp not much difference between that and my 200bhp audi!!!!!!!!!!!

the only problem is going to be getting one lexarse light, you may end up with a new oem lamp one side and lexus the other,especialy if the mods were not declared etc

i'm thinking of getting rid of my "lexarse" lights (they're the slightly less ugly black version though) - the OP can have them for £35 if interested. they're good as new.

told them not to bother with the lights. i dont know what to do. go back to original lamps or lexus ones.

Why noy try the FK RS4 style lights as they are known on ebay as.

Compactspoiler5.jpg

Yeah I'd lose the lexus lights and go for the FK ones. They're much nicer.

NOWthat i seen them i will!!!!!!!! need them ordering as garage has aproved the repair at £960.00!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! should have her back end of next week.i cant believe they gave go ahead

£960????.... **** me thats high, Still its gonna be good as new soon, just make sure you give the car a proper check over before you sign the satisfaction note when picking it up, otherwise once its signed theres no going back!!