What if I chip my 1.8T?

Yep, moved from the 330Ci to the M3, the difference is night and day, and then some ..

What sums it up is: Rev the 330 to 5000rpm and it starts to get a little unhappy. Rev the M3 to 5000rpm, the fun is just beginning! Then, click-click, next gear, back to 3000rpm and it all happens again .. oops am I doing 100? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Simple really
Sideways at every opportunity /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Serious mode on

I dont honestly know
The tyres are Bridgestones P6000. They were put on new with the car. (No track days involved)

I'm just wondering if they were remolds as the side walls have buldged aswell (front only)
The side walls look older than the remaining rubber on the top of the tyre.
The only thing that I can think of is thar car sits for 5 days without use and then gets a good blast at the weekends. Maybe the tyre presures are slightly off

Although saying that the rear tyres in the E30 only lasted 6K miles and then need to be swapped out. Made going for an oil service expensive, changing the rears every time an oil service was required
Fun though

Anyways off to Ireland tonight and will swap them out when I get there

Hi guys

Am picking up the new motor of Thursday (A4 1.8T Sport) and am considering the option of chipping it. Want to spend around £500, what kind of BHP increase should I expect for me dough? Also, what is the deal with insurance companies? Can you get away without telling them? or are they getting wise to people tuning the VAG turbo motors? If I did tell them would it hit the insurance premium hard?

Any advice would be gratefully received

Peace out!!

you should get around 40 bhp and 40 ft/lbs of torque.
as for insurance i dont tell them anything but iam not saying you should not tell them.

[ QUOTE ]
Bloke654 said:
Also, what is the deal with insurance companies? Can you get away without telling them? or are they getting wise to people tuning the VAG turbo motors? If I did tell them would it hit the insurance premium hard?

[/ QUOTE ]

Groan, I wonder why we keep all the posts in the forum here at all, nobody ever seems to search them to find the answers. This has been discussed to destruction previously, and the threads are still there - search for CHIP INSURANCE POWER or some combination similar.

My view is that if you cannot afford the insurance premium hike then don't bother with the mod. Sure, there is a small chance only of them finding out, but if they do and a fault accident has killed another person, then you can be guaranteed it will be a life changing financial event.