upsolute A4 2.8 quattro

stebed

Reaction score
Has anyone had this chip done? The cost and figures look quite good, just interested to hear from someone with it done.

Just chipping an A4 will not bring you much gains just smooth out some flat spots and maybe add 4bhp tops. From reports I have read on chips for this car your not goner get your moneys worth.

Now the Golf's a different story.

yeah i have had a trial Revo remap in the Golf and it was producing 230bhp, but my wife uses that car now and most of our long journeys are in the A4. Upsolute quote 18bhp and better fuel consumption for 285 pounds which I don't think sounds too bad. My last wagon was an Impreza with 250ish bhp so am missing a little power, just thinking that the upsolute chip and an exhaust when mine needs changing and filter will get the V6 to around 220BHP????

I don't know if a chip, intake, and exhaust will get you up to 220bhp(if very well may), but it seems like a lot of "wasted" money for only a possible 30bhp The chip($350), exhaust($750) and the filter(drop in$50, cone(more hp) $200) you will be looking at like $1100 for only 30bhp, for some reason that seems like a lot of money for just that. I am only saying that because i chipped my A4 for $400 and have about 197bhp at an increase of 47bhp.

What i am trying to say is if thast what you want to do i bet you will see/feel a difference in performance, but i'm not sure if you will get better fuel consumption with the chip.