just a little more clearance

a4man1987

Reaction score
i am a kayaking fan and my 97 a4 1.8t needs a little more clearance to get to where I want to go. I was wondering if anyone knew if there are any lift kits or other packages that could get me just a little more clearance. I am in the US, so US specific info would bed nice, but general advice is welcome. Thanks. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/groovy.gif

I don't know if there is any way to lift an audi. I don't think many people make stuff for it. The best advice I would give you is to buy an All-Road. I know that might be a little pricey though, haha. Maybe you could get some 4x4 shop to work on something custom, but I would be leary of that, and it would probably be pretty expensive too. Sorry man, but good luck and let us know if you do find anything, I'm curious.
-Brad

I have seen high boost springs on ebay, not sure what they are or what they do though...

You could check with your dealer's parts dept. to confirm if your car via the chassis number has the lowered suspension fitted. If it does, then hopefully all you have to buy is the standard springs. However, you will need to check that the shock aren't different too. As the the shock will need to be a longer stroke than that of a lowered car.

NO, NO, NO!!!

This is a very easy remedy that no one has mentioned.

<font color="red"> COILOVERS!!! </font>

Coilovers, which are regularly used to lower the car, have a wide range of height. Get some good coilovers and set them high for your kayaking needs; off-season, you can lower the CO's to stock or lower. Just remember that with each adjustment, a 4-wheel alignment is necessary.