Quite a setup!!!!

stapo69

All hail the mighty quattro!
Reaction score
Just surfin t'interweb and found these couple of pics from Waterfest 2003. Definatley a different take on the S4 setup, looks like single turbo, custom everything. Havin a search for more info, but not coming up with much yet.

Anyways, check this siht out!

adi.jpg

adj.jpg

jeez it looks like the ******* child of a dyson hover has been stuck to the front!

it looks like it could suck animals and small children into its path with that thing!! I like it

looks like over engineered show material. impressive nevertheless
single turbo v engine layouts suffer from massive lag and huge power spikes when the inevitably large single turbo spools up.
that has to be a GT40 or similar. puts out 7-800+ on some applications

would prefer a twin gt28x S4/RS4........

That's the only thing with a big single turbo set up, all the boost in one big wack fairly late on, will be quite laggy, but when it hits, my lord you betta hold on!

Can't believe they've done all that work to only get 540bhp. Doug from MRC is running about that on his and AFAIK it's still got stock internals. His is still twin turbo as well, so lag won't be an issue either.

He also ruled at Vmax recently getting 198mph!!! Who said the B5 is getting old?

i just made a nasty mess in my under garments after watching that vid. sounds very nice.

But....

as said, all that work for 500 odd bhp. impressive but it looks like it should be nearer 800+.

looks like lots of show without that much usability :D

though im sure u could wind the boost up on that and get 7-800+, that 630bhp car would be faster around a track.

the 518bhp car would be faster round the track! while he is changing gear to get into the 100rpm power range the other car has minced him on the corner, the following straight and the next corner!
max power figures are for bar stools
big wide torque curves win races

Just my opinion doesnt suit a audi really. audis are more stylish and go like **** but dont have to look like a supercar. if you get what i mean. that what i like about mine shifts big style(i know you guys have faster ones) but to look at it looks like a slightly modified a4 untill it shoots off and eats the saxo vtr for breakfast

there was a horrible twin turbo A4 knocking around taht had the turbos mounted above the manifolds and the bonnet had been modded so you could see the compressor housing sticking out liek two frogs eyes.
minging!

the 518bhp car would be faster round the track! while he is changing gear to get into the 100rpm power range the other car has minced him on the corner, the following straight and the next corner!
max power figures are for bar stools
big wide torque curves win races

****** but dont worry about it

chunky,
still nasty power delivery dyno curve...my 1.8tq has more power at 6000rpm than his 2.7 turbo nutter engine does.....

how to tune an S4
http://youtube.com/watch?v=LrWcS-cRt6Y&feature=related
Gt25 twin turbo with 630bhp

Unitronic off the shelf tuned S4 with 520bhp and a power curve that looks like this...
200bhp from 3000rpm
300bhp from 4000rpm
400bhp from under 5000rpm
500bhp at under 6000rpm

http://74.52.72.224/uni/content/view/29/63/

Worth noting the 630bhp is at the crank and the other two cars are quoting wheel horse power.