Is This right?

duane

Reaction score
Went to collect my car from the body shop today after having a full spray. To cut a long story short it's going back in for a bit longer as i'm not happy with a few bit's. I took a couple pics of the front bumper where it joins the arch liner, can you tell me if the rivets are in the right place as i cant remember seeing them before it went in, is it supposed to have rivets there? Also my front bumper isn't lining up correcly at the corner's. Is there any adjustment that can be made, it looks like they've bent it......:aggressive:

Image000.jpg

Image002.jpg

Image001-1.jpg

Thanks....

I thought the bumper was supposed to be screwed on!!!

Never seen one riveted.

this is the point where you can have some adjustment, but with rivets you will have none.

They should be sel tapping screws with bolt heads

Simon

Yea i've never seen them done like that before. You were right to take it back definately.

silly little torx srcew hold them on. To refit the bumper it will need to remove it and push the wing mount back in towards the car,for some reason they seem to "pull" out when the bumper is removed

Nice one for the replies all....Yes i have now found out the rivets are supposed to be there, but they are meant to be black to blend in more.....The alignment thing is down to the plastic mounts not being as good as they were due to the amount of force it takes to take the bumper off....Apparently once your bumper's been off a few times the mounts weaken so you dont get the perfect alignment......Suppose the bumper side of things i'll have to live with :shrug:

had the same problem with mine, a self tapping screw on the edge fixed it, mines riveted in same place but i think that whole bit should be painted black

heres mine, you can actually see a black rivet there as well as a plastic bolt for the arch cover