Monster MotorsportEM Tuning
    Neutral

Status

b5 avant double din fascia help

i've got a 2000X reg a4 b5 with a double din symphony fitted, i'm fitting a double din pioneer unit and am having a hell of a time finding a fascia adaptor that fits. autoleads don't do one for before 2002 and it appears that connects 2 dont either. has anyone got any ideas who does one or have you got an old one hanging around, cheers

2. # ADS
    ADS

98 A4 1.8SE

Status
    dunno about where to get one but this guy in canada got one, and also did a photo log of his install - not too long ago so maybe you can get in touch and ask where he got it...?
    http://www.audiforum.ca/general-d-i-...4-pioneer.html

edit: available on ebay usa for 30 + shipping (with wiring adapters etc.):
    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...m=130230828396

or just the adapter plates for around a tenner + shipping:
    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...m=360059918252
    Last edited by brendan; 14th June 2008 at 11:12.

Photographic Moderator

Status

My Social Networking

Follow Broken Byzan On Twitter Add Broken Byzan on Facebook Add Broken Byzan on Google+ Visit Broken Byzan's Youtube Channel
    I bought one from ebay.com. Its specificaly made to make the b5 double din fit either and aftermarket unit or to a single din

Neutral

Status

b5

thanks guys, this has been driving me nuts for weeks, i've now got more double din fascia units than you can shake a stick at, all the wrong shape/size so i hope this is the right one. Did you find it a straightforward fit. I notice the guy on that write up ended up making one himself. Apparently the 2000 A4 B5 is very rarely fitted with the double din symphony which is why it appears no-one apart from the metra people appear to make the adaptors.Cheers

Photographic Moderator

Status

My Social Networking

Follow Broken Byzan On Twitter Add Broken Byzan on Facebook Add Broken Byzan on Google+ Visit Broken Byzan's Youtube Channel
    My adapter is the metra one

It is listed as fitting 2000 to 2001 A4 with Symphony Radio only. I used it to go single DIN but still have the trim for double DIN

Neutral

Status

fascia

great pictures -really helpful. Did you have a double din symphony in yours before conversion? This is where i seem to be having difficulty, most people seem to have single din to start. What did you think of the kit was the quality/fit ok. thanks for all the help.

Photographic Moderator

Status

My Social Networking

I bought this from a double din S4 2000 model iirc as my car is a 98 and i retrofittrd the facelift console to it.
    The quality is as good as any other kit not quite OE . Not sure how the double din works yet as i havent got one yet, i want one soon tho

Neutral

Status

fascia

thanks looks like you've got it cracked. I've got a pioneer hd1bt, really good unit - great sound on bluetooth handsfree, good satnav although map updates are expensive and not that regular but what i really like is the voice operation that actually works and the hard drive music library that autocopies any new cd that you put in without having to touch anything, it even saves all the track names and album titles. i never bother with the ipod interface anymore as i've got over 200cd already saved to the hard drive, the hd3bt supposed to be even better. seems reliable so far - no crashing and the 7 inch screen is very good, i looked at the kenwood and alpine equivalent but the pioneer did it for me although you have to be careful which mobile you use to get all the telephone features like auto sim copy etc. thanks again for all the help