cleaned my throttle body out and...

ALPINE

Yes its diesel, now cry u lost
Reaction score
now the car idals @ 1200 then slowley goes to normal. also if i rev it it takes ages for the revs to drop??

what have i done?

no i litterally took the hose from intercooler off, and kinda fingerd it! (sorry no other way to discribe it.) lol done this until the cloths were comming out clean.

also, i just drove a few miles to pick my wife up from work and it was idaling as high as 2000rpm. after a while it seemed to sort its self out. the drive h ome was better, it sat around 800 to 1000rpm so im assuming it was somthing like the ecu was lerning the throttle position. reason i say this is because i turned my ignition on and waited for the trottle to reset its self (click). and its only been after that.

i got a nice little drive to margate this eve so i ll see how it goes.

Did you clean the sensor behind the throttle body that screws into the intake manifold?

The throttle plate needs to be exactly centre or you will get irratic revs but if you didn't remove it it should be ok anyway.

Mine was similar after cleaning but settled down after a few minutes of driving.

the reason i cleaned it in the first place is because my revs were al over the place. would jump down to 500 rmp and nearly stall. seems to of sorted that. as for the sensor i just got in as far as i could with me finger. shoved a load of cloth in there and wigled it about if ya know what i mean.

:)

I'd probably take it off and clean it properly from both sides and clean the sensor too.. was going to say be careful with the sensor as it's delicate! Maybe your wiggly cloth technique knocked the sensor but more than likely it'll settle down (the sensor is further back so probably didn't touch it).

Hope it sorts itself out anyway mate.

just done the school run.... car seems fine now.. thanks for your help tho lee!