pathetic horn

olds_kool

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
had to sound my horn this morning cos a transit nearly took my front end off when he didnt notice me on his inside on a roundabout, good job my brakes work cos my horn is pathetic, made a friendly poop poop noise, checked my earlier car and it makes a loud aggresive beep beep noise
is it a facelift 'improvement' or is my horn knackered

LMAO my horn sounds so Gay! its that quiet it cant be heard inside another car.

There are two horns, a high and a low.

I had the same thing recently. Turns out the low horn (the loud one) had been fitted upside down and must have got filled with water when I had my last engine pull. I suspect when the garage was removing the pump from the waterbottle it must have leaked some in.

When I took my horn out, it was obvious it was knackered as it rattled and was full of sh1t. Pick one up cheap as chips from a breakers.

make sure both are plugged in, i took mine for a cambelt and waterpump change and one was left unplugged

sounds like thats the problem, suppose bumper will have to come off, it takes forever to get it to fit back on properly

plugs are behind the lower drivers side bumper grilles so you should not have to have the bumper off.

When one of mine went I used the horn from my old coupe and got access via the wheel arch by gently bending the inner arch out of my way...

OK I cheated, I just tie-wrapped the coupe horn to the old horn and did the connections through the arch. Think I had to alter the connections though cos that was 2yrs ago now.