offset?

joss

Reaction score
thinking of getting some new wheels and dropping the a4. its a 95 and the offset on the wheels at the mo are 45..i'm thinking of getting some17's or 18's but i'm not too sure what off set to get i don't want them to stick out further than the arches so whats the deal is it the higher the off set the more tucked in they are and the lower the more they stick out?
cheers for any help
joss

The wheel width is important too.

With an 8.0"x17" wheel, you can run up to ET 30.
With an 8.5"x18" wheel, you can run up to ET 35.

the offset on my previous b5 was et 35 filled the arches nicely

so is it the higher the et the more they tuck in and the lower the number the more they stick out?:ermm:

cheers
anyone know if these are 5x112,
90ff_3.jpg

IMG%5D

IMG%5D

anybody got a pic of these on a a4 or opinions on how they'd look with it lowered

thats them..
worth a punt..
i reacon with an off set of 48 they'd sit nice if i slammed the a4
only thing is he says they don't fit an a4 !! i wonder why

Maybe need some spacers as that 48 is quite high.

I would get them and see how they fit and get some 15mm spacers.

My 17 x 7.5 wheels are et 43 and I have 20mm spacers on the rear and 15mm on the front.

yeah i'll put a bid in and see what happens

well i got um..wait to see if they fit alright. if not i'll put um on here for what i paid.

My BBS CHs are ET50, I have to run 15mm spacers to clear my brakes and suspension. I bought H&R hubcentrics from motorsportworld, very light turned aluminium, an excellent fit too and they came with the appropriate extended wheel bolts, without them I could get 3 turns max, cost a few quid, but worth paying for IMO. A year on, no issues what so ever.

The wheel width is important too.

With an 8.0"x17" wheel, you can run up to ET 30.
With an 8.5"x18" wheel, you can run up to ET 35.

what about:
18x8 offset 42
18x8 offset 35
tires 225 40 18 will drop 2"

which offset will perfect for my car? [1999 Audi A4 2.8 Avant quattro wagon]

it's only a 7mm difference but i would go for the 35. my current wheels are a 42 offset and they're too tucked under the arches for my liking - 35 will fill the arches nicely, and *shouldn't* rub even with a 2" drop.