AWE Boost Gauge Story

norad97

Reaction score
Well I purchased my AWE vent boost gauge from America it was purchased for me by a company we do business with.

After fitting the gauge and wiring the lighting I noticed the bottom lower right part of the
gauge was not lite, checked the bulbs are working o.k.
After contacting AWE in the states about the problem they told me the gauge was faulty
and should be returned.
That was not an option for me as sending to the USA would cost me shipping.
I asked maybe I could open the gauge and check whats going on, I was told the gauge
could not be opened.( I may try to open)

My advise is after buying this gauge, dont waste your money the quality of the gauge
is no better than a cheap halfords unit and not worth the high price tag.
Get a used vent and good gauge and cut out yourself, i seen a picture of one on this forum
and looks great.

sorry to hear about your bad luck...

i have been buying Auto Gauge gauges for years, way before halfrauds started to sell them.

i have never had a single problem appart from the last 1 that was cheap of the cheapest budget gauge, and i think half the cause of that was because i dropped it b4 i installed it.

i would recomend Auto Gauge`s to any 1, as you may of seen in another thread a little below this 1 i have just got another Auto Gauge. its multicolored and the red is a very close match to the audi dash.

im currently waiting for it to get dark so i can take some pictures.

You do realise that American plastic is way below the standards we expect in Europe, why do you think Clarkson and co hate their dashboards. Every car review Ive watched they mock the plastic.

this is true but as long as it works and looks ok i aint fussed what the plastics like with somthing like a gauge as once there put someware thats were they stay un disterbed. with other things then yes i 100% aggree.

I've read over on Audiworld that a load of Americans have been returning their AWE gauges due to the lighting problems. That sucks.

Apparently they've changed supplier though as Omori Japan has closed down.

My sister got me an Omori gauge when she was last in America which has been brilliant, and didn't cost much either. I've been told you can also find them on eBay now for a decent price.

Took me about an hour to cut out a vent to make it look like the AWE one.