Autobahn88 intake pipe?

Lee Goodall

Reaction score
Has anybody fitted one of these? If so was it a bad fit?

Mine's pressed tight up to one of the bolts on my turbo and I had to really stretch it to get it to reach the airbox properly!

Yeah mine was as well but its what you expect really for bargin price. Mine was not as tight as what you are saying though.

I'm not alone then.. hope it's not a reflection on the FMIC too as I've got that to fit in the next week or so!

A bit concerned about the head of the bolt on the turbo rubbing/puncturing the hose but I suppose I'll just have to keep an eye in it. Hope it's not a case of 'buy cheap.. buy twice'!?

I'm not alone then.. hope it's not a reflection on the FMIC too as I've got that to fit in the next week or so!

A bit concerned about the head of the bolt on the turbo rubbing/puncturing the hose but I suppose I'll just have to keep an eye in it. Hope it's not a case of 'buy cheap.. buy twice'!?

So.. has anybody fitted an Autobahn88 FMIC? If so how'd it go?

My intake was tight but i could not see any issues with rubbing. Now for your fmic you will have to cut as i remember but someone on here has done it.

Yeah I fitted one, in a thread I had on my car I had info and pics.

Had a look at your previous thread re. FMIC & BRAKES.. Going to have to cut the bumper (metal) and re-drill the brackets then. Not too bad I suppose.

Obviously be much better if it fitted without any modifications but you can't have everything hey!?

I am hoping it will fit behind my S4 bumper easier

Dont recon it will on my old a4 i had the S4 kit and my fmic did not fit behind it i still had to cut the impact bar.

Also my current autobahn fmic went on with no major issues im really please with it.

Dont recon it will on my old a4 i had the S4 kit and my fmic did not fit behind it i still had to cut the impact bar.

Also my current autobahn fmic went on with no major issues im really please with it.

you saying the Autobahn one went on your current car with no cutting mark? Or very little?

I had to cut some maybe half inch\inch for the autobhann one to fit behind my standard bumper, and its a similar thickness to the one i had only my old A4 which had the S4 front and that needed the same amount of cutting.