dilemma, advice please!!

quattrojim

Reaction score
hi, i have a 1.8T quattro sport and im after a set of alloys with tyres, i want to do this within the next 10 days as i have an MOT and am not entirely sure if it will pass, as a few of the tyres are a bit low on tread.

i quite like the euro look, so thats a possibility or if not euro anything else that looks good.

anyone have any advice or wheels for sale?
am i limited because of it being quattro,what sizes or offset am i after?

help and advice would be great!

I like them. Think they'd look good. Have you considered the 18" S4 wheels off the later model/B6 chassis. They look great on a B5.

i like the wheels but watch out for the budget tyres, had some on mine even with quattro the lack of grip was dangerous

ok cheers guys, positive comments are helping, i hate buying wheels as its such a hard choice, and getting it wrong is terrible.

what do the later model s4 wheels look like?

I have been looking for pics of the Dotz Mugello on a b5 so if you do go for them, pics please! I have been considering them for mine when my current tires are spent

Oh and you might want to check out rondell.co.uk, some nice OEM designs and if you go to the german site there is a tool where you can view the wheels on the car

yeah ill put up pics if i do get them. thanks for that site will have a look.

can anyone tell me if these wheels will definately fit?that site says they do but it doesn't mention quattro?any ideas?

ok cheers guys, positive comments are helping, i hate buying wheels as its such a hard choice, and getting it wrong is terrible.

what do the later model s4 wheels look like?

They're the same shape as the B5 Avus, just bigger and a bit wider, I've seen pics of them on a B5, had a look but just can't find em now! Typical!

good link stapo

I fitted some oem s4 b5 alloys to my tsport - bought off BT above, they set the car off nicely imo

the b6 s4's look good but i noticed the extra weight of my b5 s4's in the steering, so guess the 18's would be quite a different feel again, unless they are lighter than the b5 s4 alloys

well thanks for the advice and help. i decided to go for the mugello's, just hope they fit ok!

should be with me by wednesday so will get some pics up by the weekend!

Love those wheels, very similar to mine but without the polished face. You won't be disappointed! They will make your car look fantastic!!!!