Monster MotorsportVolks Autos
Results 1 to 13 of 13

Thread: Dent removal??

  1. #1
    Lee Goodall's Avatar
    ..got my head together!

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    UK - Midlands
    Posts
    2,223

    Dent removal??

    A mysterious dent has appeared on my bonnet just right of the grill, it's about 25mm in diameter and been pushed in about 8mm.. I have no fookin idea where it came from?!? It hasn't marked the paint either which is odd but lucky I suppose.

    Anybody got any tips for removal?

  2. # ADS
    ADS
    Join Date
    Always
    Location
    Global
    Posts
    Many
     
  3. #2
    Broken Byzan's Avatar
    Photographic Moderator

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Cardiff, United Kingdom
    Posts
    12,506

    My Social Networking

    Follow Broken Byzan On Twitter Add Broken Byzan on Facebook Add Broken Byzan on Google+ Visit Broken Byzan's Youtube Channel
    halfords, cost you under a ton i expect, at least they dont break the paint and obviously no hassle with bad match

  4. #3
    Lee Goodall's Avatar
    ..got my head together!

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    UK - Midlands
    Posts
    2,223
    Cheers.. I'll see what they say then.

  5. #4
    jcs356's Avatar
    Brum brum

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Englandland
    Posts
    2,681
    Or if you are going to be at GTi International later this month they usually have Dent Masters or similar on site for the weekend, and they will do dents for 30 (from memory?). I've had them done on my S3 and my Ibiza at Inters in previous years.
    Jason
    2001 Nogaro S3 (daily driver)

    1958 replica Porsche 356 Speedster (summer posing)
    1997 Seat Cordoba SX 16v (track day toy) replacing (t)rusty 1994 Seat Ibiza GTi RIP

  6. #5
    TFSI's Avatar
    Born to Fish

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    South Cheshire
    Posts
    531
    Quote Originally Posted by Lee Goodall View Post
    A mysterious dent has appeared on my bonnet just right of the grill, it's about 25mm in diameter and been pushed in about 8mm.. I have no fookin idea where it came from?!? It hasn't marked the paint either which is odd but lucky I suppose.

    Anybody got any tips for removal?
    Most Audi dealers and any biggish car garage will contract in a dent man for a day each week.

    Had one removed at Audi Stoke 3 years ago and it cost me 40ish and you could not tell it had ever been dented. but it all depends how easy the dent can be accessed from the backside. Panels, ribs etc.

    Do any kids play ball games where you live sounds like it may possibly be the cause.
    2013 1.4 TFSI S line 8V, Brilliant Red, Cruise Control, DIS, MFSW, Dual Climate, Leather, Front Fogs, 18in 5 Twin Spoke Alloys, Welly, Boot and Fishing Rod Racks.

  7. #6
    Lee Goodall's Avatar
    ..got my head together!

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    UK - Midlands
    Posts
    2,223
    Quote Originally Posted by jcs356 View Post
    Or if you are going to be at GTi International later this month they usually have Dent Masters or similar on site for the weekend, and they will do dents for 30 (from memory?). I've had them done on my S3 and my Ibiza at Inters in previous years.
    Should be there.. as it's only down the road it'd be rude not to!
    Brilliant I'll hang on until then as it could save me some ca$h.

    Nice one.

  8. #7
    Lee Goodall's Avatar
    ..got my head together!

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    UK - Midlands
    Posts
    2,223
    Quote Originally Posted by TFSI View Post
    Most Audi dealers and any biggish car garage will contract in a dent man for a day each week.

    Had one removed at Audi Stoke 3 years ago and it cost me 40ish and you could not tell it had ever been dented. but it all depends how easy the dent can be accessed from the backside. Panels, ribs etc.

    Do any kids play ball games where you live sounds like it may possibly be the cause.
    40.00 sounds good but as you said the back of the dent is impossible to get to as a rib runs right behind it.

    Could be a ball or something.. going to have to start putting it in the garage over night or maybe terminate some kids!? lol

  9. #8
    Broken Byzan's Avatar
    Photographic Moderator

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Cardiff, United Kingdom
    Posts
    12,506

    My Social Networking

    Follow Broken Byzan On Twitter Add Broken Byzan on Facebook Add Broken Byzan on Google+ Visit Broken Byzan's Youtube Channel
    Look us up on the stand then Lee, be rude not to,lmao

    Thats a good plan. maybe they can fix one or 2 of mine

  10. #9
    Lee Goodall's Avatar
    ..got my head together!

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    UK - Midlands
    Posts
    2,223
    Quote Originally Posted by Byzan A4 View Post
    Look us up on the stand then Lee, be rude not to,lmao

    Thats a good plan. maybe they can fix one or 2 of mine
    You going yeah? I'll def catch up with you then.

    Got another small dent on my door so I'll get that done too.

  11. #10
    Broken Byzan's Avatar
    Photographic Moderator

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Cardiff, United Kingdom
    Posts
    12,506

    My Social Networking

    Follow Broken Byzan On Twitter Add Broken Byzan on Facebook Add Broken Byzan on Google+ Visit Broken Byzan's Youtube Channel
    Ayyye, gonna have mine on the stand, won't miss her,lol

    PS how is the new turbo? Mine arrived today

  12. #11
    Lee Goodall's Avatar
    ..got my head together!

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    UK - Midlands
    Posts
    2,223
    Quote Originally Posted by Byzan A4 View Post
    Ayyye, gonna have mine on the stand, won't miss her,lol

    PS how is the new turbo? Mine arrived today
    What stand?.. how come?

    Yeah the turbo's good cheers. Really need to get the FMIC fitted and the remap sorted to test it properly though.. then rolling road hopefully.

    When you bolting yours on then? You got a remap lined up too?

  13. #12
    Broken Byzan's Avatar
    Photographic Moderator

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Cardiff, United Kingdom
    Posts
    12,506

    My Social Networking

    Follow Broken Byzan On Twitter Add Broken Byzan on Facebook Add Broken Byzan on Google+ Visit Broken Byzan's Youtube Channel
    our stand, just need to pre book and add your name to the list
    http://audi-sport.net/vb/showthread....111#post555111

    Remap is sorted,so may bolt on this weekend

  14. #13
    Lee Goodall's Avatar
    ..got my head together!

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    UK - Midlands
    Posts
    2,223
    Quote Originally Posted by Byzan A4 View Post
    our stand, just need to pre book and add your name to the list
    http://audi-sport.net/vb/showthread....111#post555111

    Remap is sorted,so may bolt on this weekend
    Excellent.. I didn't know there was an ASN stand. Too much work to do before that date to get mine on the stand I think! Engines good but got to get on with some aesthetics now.

    Keep us posted on your turbo progress then.

 

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO

Garage Plus, Vendor Tools vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO