LHD headlamp units

Oranoco

Reaction score
Website
www.passionford.com
Are they usable on a RHD car? I know in the past they differed but I can source a set of LHD facelift B5 lamps with wiring and delivery for £130 from Germany?

Worth a punt or will they be on the **** if I try and use them here?

The 2 pce depos i had were swappable, as are the OE facelift lights i now have. The great thing was about the facelifts was i got them for a good price as the guy had to buy new lights to take the car to germany with him ,lol I do not think he realised that they would swap

i ordered mine, then remembered they drive on wrong side, was very relieved when they turned up with instructions to switch to rhd, didnt bother with adaptor though, once youve modified wings its no going back so i just modified car harness and plug on lights, they dont come with electric adjusters thats the only problem with them

found some in a mk4 golf in scrappy, same as a4 ones, you can buy them new but about £30 each, or you can live without them, just get adjusted they have plastic thing in adjusters place

my current car is facelift so standard valeos, fitted old car with depo copies just as good imo, got a pair of used valeos for my avant but bought them seperatly and ones got a manky looking yellow tint so im after a better one before i fit them

fair enough, i've just fitted facelift lamps to mine, ended up with one depo and one valeo.

just wondered what your experience with the depo projectors was like as I'd heard bad things about the projectors that are fitted to the depo lamps so ended up taking the projector from a broken valeo lamp and fitting that to the depo unit. I took them both apart and painted the insides anthracite as imo theres far too much chrome in there. Look far better now i think!

http://www.lr90.org/Audi/260508/lights2.jpg

thats impressive, but he doesnt seem to modify the projector itself? The projector has internally a steel plate which cuts the beam off at the correct height and turns it into a dip beam pattern, the same thing you adjust when you change from LHD to RHD.

Surely for a main beam lens you would want to remove this plate to allow the light to flood properly?

Only part i dont like is hes painted them grey/silver and it looks a bit iffy. If he couldnt keep the original chrome then he should have gone with black imo!

mine arent perfect due to the fact that i didnt realise you can see the inner lower part of the lens housing with everything assembled and i didnt get full coverage of the inner lower lip, its mostly just overspray, so looking at them closely doesnt look that good. I might take them apart at some point and repaint them, but that would mean the cars undriveable so it'll probably be getting left!