Who says Santa only comes once a year!? (warning engine p0rn content)

jcb

Reaction score
Nice man from DHL arrived....

[rolf harris voice]...."can you see what it is yet"
IMG_0911.jpg

IMG_0912.jpg

behold the 2.0l 20v in the making....OK so not that exciting for you but I have been waiting for 6 months for this lot!!
92.8mm forged crank, 83mm supertech pistons, Scat rods, supertech inconel exhaust/inlet valves,Titanium springs/retainers, 83mm multilayer metal gasket, raceware head and main bearing studs, eurospec bearing set.

Block bored to 83mm and painted a tasteful silver
Block.jpg

GT2871 (soon to be added VBand exhaust housing)
IMG_0907.jpg

IMG_0909-1.jpg

going to be running a tubular custom vband exhaust manifold, 3" DP, 2 3/4" Miltek, Forge FMIC, 630cc genesis injectors, 90mm Ford Lightning MAF and Tapp Auto Software, Tial 40mm V band Wastegate and an EBC.

Looking for 200bhp at 4000rpm and somewhere north of 350bhp at 7000rpm.
Dyno below compares a Gt2871 with a Gt3071.....on a 1.8....figures are on a 2wd....at the wheels
dyno3071vs2871.jpg

all I need now if the spare time, energy and skill to put it together and not balls it up, whilst doing the brakes and fitting the S4 front back and sides!!
looking forward to freeing up some space in my Audi parts store, I mean garage!

Very very very nice!!!!

Ed can you send me the details on the rods and the head gasket, that what i need to complete my build, oh and the Bigg *** Turbo!!!

standard 2.0FSI 83mm head gasket
happen to have a spare set of Scat rods that will be going on eBay this weekend if no-one wants them. they are standard I beam forged rods with 20mm wrist pin so you can;t use the stock 19mm pin from the OEM pistons. new pistons required.
if you just want rods you need IntegratedEngineering drop in rods. give Bob a ring a Qedpower.com
top bloke, has forgotten more than we will ever know about VAG engines.

standard 2.0FSI 83mm head gasket
happen to have a spare set of Scat rods that will be going on eBay this weekend if no-one wants them. they are standard I beam forged rods with 20mm wrist pin so you can;t use the stock 19mm pin from the OEM pistons. new pistons required.
if you just want rods you need IntegratedEngineering drop in rods. give Bob a ring a Qedpower.com
top bloke, has forgotten more than we will ever know about VAG engines.

Anyone with an AEB or APU engine will be fine as they have 20mm pins,its the rest and most of the A3/TT ones that were 19mm

you are correct,was only thinking of myself
codes for those who need em (courtesy of Michael Ghia on ClubGTI)
20V1.jpg

20V1-1.jpg

Ed might be interested in the rods dude, putting new pistons in anyways so it wont make any difference

APU engine code, need a big port head!!! anyone know of one goin spare????

Chris, unless you going for massive power the APU head "may " actually flow better,over on the 'zine its been disscussed that unless you are runnig around 450bhp upwards you wont flow enough to need the big port head (AEB) In fact you could actually lose torque by using it on too small a turbo setup.

if i could be ***** i would swap my AEB for your APU anyday as i have an APU bottom end in anyway

Oh and to the OP Santa must be married, he he he.

Good stuff there matey, what crank you running ABA? And i assume you already had the clearence work done on the block? and the machining on the Intermediate shaft for the Oil pump gear ( or am i way off base here?)

To be honest Bryan probably only going to go for just over the 300 mark to start with, goin to possibly 350 tops, think thats gonna be the limit of the GT28rs. Might just keep the APU head then LOL, I'll kep my eyes open for you if your looking for one.

Been reading that some of the US boys are enlarging the inlet manifolds on these engines.

on another note, was at my mates gargae the other day he has a rolling road, he was in the prosess of making and elise with an 1.8T lump in it, bored to 1.9 pistons, rods, IHI jabba conversion and being mapped an an emerald ECU, finished at about the 390bhp mark, ****** scary in an elise!!!!

twice in two days!
Arnold at PAG parts just sorted me out with a vband exhaust housing .......very nice bit of kit.
IMG_0918.jpg

IMG_0919.jpg

:drool: This surely is gonna kick you back in your seat, back seat that is, lol

Love to see that shoot down a track when down, **** & shovel are 2 words that spring to mind

well I am hoping that the new exhaust housing will drop the spool up by a couple of hundred revs.
not trying to build some 8000rpm monster.
its a 5 speed box on a 4wd so I am looking for a decent power delivery down low......and a bigger one up high!

like the ko3 does but bigger.
just trying to sort out the wastegate now.

going to do an engine build up when I get the crank back from being dowelled

jesus!! thats it I feel sick, its all going on eBay!!

LOL some very nice bits there mate :) its an awesome project can't wait to see it come together.

a very stealthy one that looks like a V reg avant with two child seats....... :)

LOL i've only got one child seat in mine fella LOL

build up is running (slowly) in a another thread