Suspension

Markey

Reaction score
I have had new springs fitted to the car and now it seams to bounce a lot more than it did, not too happy. I was wondering if i need to run them in etc. I have never had my car lowered before and wonder if this is normal. Maybe the tracking needs checking..

If this is not normal then i will have to change to something better, can anyone reccomend a good suspension set that does not affect the quality of the ride that much, but lowers the car. I do a lot of miles and dont like being bounced about..

Thanks people

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

How many miles has your car done and is it the sport model?

Lowering 30-40mm on std shocks means they wear out in around 20-25k so if your shocks already had a lot of miles on they wouldn't take the low springs well.

Is that shocks as well?
Do you have them fitted? I dont want to loose too much ride quality if possible as i do a lot of miles...

From main dealer?
If you dont mind me askin how much were they, as id rather have proper audi stuff as it would have been rigerously tested etc... by audi

Thanks for that i will give them a ring and see what they have for me. Are the shocks lower than the normal as well or is that jus the springs that lower it?

Excllent i shall get hold of some of them and hope that i stop bouncing every where.

I just spoke to the guys at VAG parts and were concerned about me fitting S4 shocks as they are from a heavy car and were not sure how much that would affect the ride quality.
Is yours an S4 or is it just the suspension?